• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

floorboard H20 mystery

scruffy1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The carpet on the drivers side stays wet. The heater core is on the passenger side and the wetness does not smell of coolant I'm thinking the water is associated with running the A/C but I cannot find a source of where it would be coming from. It is not a windshield leak or coming in through the firewall. Am I missing a drainage hose somewhere. I've been after this leak for a couple of months now and it is driving me crazy.:temper:

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is known that the A/C can make ice and the ice doesn't melt until the vehicle is turned off for a while.. The ice can redirect the normal water drip outside the normal chanel. I would check the a/c system and see if there was enough r 134 in it to keep from freezing the evaporation.
I would also place newspaper over all the front carpet after running to see if that might find the drip.
Big JIm

scruffy1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is the frustrating part. I've spread newspapers in the past. No luck. I stuffed a cloth along the edge of the carpet up under the dash behind the clutch etc. and had no luck. The water seems to be getting into the carpet from underneath somehow, like running down the firewall or along a cable. Only place I haven't been able to get to is the drivers side of the transmission hump. I was in the dash yesterday to replace the gear lever and could find no drain lines from the a/c system on the driver side. I am hoping someone has been deeper into the firewall area to let me know of any drain line that may not be obvious. I'll take out the center cup holder today to see if I can stuff diagnostic paper between the carpet.

Last edited:

mld54

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Check the back glass, I had the same problem on the passenger side, the butyl rope sealer had slipped in the corner of the glass, the water would leak in and run down behind the trim and then under the rubber mat/carpet, you couldn't see the water coming in

scruffy1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good idea,I'll do that. Funny, never even considered the back glass as an entry point.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals