• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

flipped shackle angle??

el burro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys! Quick question... I just did a chevy 63 swap on my bronco ii and it doesnt flex nearly as good as it use to with the stock style springs and the stock shackle arrangement... So this leaves me to wonder if its because of the shackle being to far verticle? Because i jacked one side of the truck to test down travel, and it was quite sad. I lost alot of flex. But what I did notice is that the shackle doesnt move. I seen pictures online and it looks like with the flipped shackle arrangement, the shackle is suppose to fully sag and then the spring will do the work. Mine does no such thing. But i think it could be because ot the angle of the shackle.. right now its 90 degrees, maybe even 100 degrees. And from what i hear it should be 45 degrees pointed towards the front or the truck. What are your guys thoughts? Cause i want to get the most flex as i can out of this setup. And i know it should flex much better than the stock style setup, right?? Thanks!

Attachments

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes it should be pointed towards the front of the truck with a shackle reversal....

maybe you have the bolt tightened to where you have the shackle bound up if it didn't move at all....

l8r, John

el burro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I just got done checking the bolt tightness.. I backed it off and jacked up the rear again but the shackles just don't want to flatten out. The shackles move but only 5-10 degrees forward. And I've seen pictures on trs tech library where the shackle is completely parallel with the frame. At compression the shackle will have free range of movement. The flex is pretty sad. But I suppose that the shackle arrangement is what makes or breaks the flex. Even if you have 63's. Anyone have any tips on shackle angle, to much or to little? Or any other set up and fine tuning tips to get the most out of this set up?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals