• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fit 33s on 2wd Ranger

ajune93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, I'm new to the forum but need some help with tire fitment. I have a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd. I am wanting to fit BF Goodrich 33x12.50r15 on 15x10 Cragar soft 8s on my truck. I have already completed a 4 inch lift and from what I've researched I might need to do some fender trimming. I was hoping that somebody could tell me for sure what I'm gettin into.

Thanks

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
It's quite possible you'll need to trim.

You might be able to avoid it with the right wheel offset, though I couldn't say for sure (15x10" wheels with a 4.5" backspacing would have a greater chance of fitting the tires without trimming than 15x10s with the more common 3.75" backspace).

Another option would be to use a 2" body lift on top of your 4" suspension lift. This would get you the same wheel well clearance as a 4x4 truck has.

Hope that helps.
Welcome to TRS. :beer:

ajune93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! I believe they will have 4 inch backspacing and a -38mm offset. Do you know of any good places to get a 2 inch body lift?

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
The rear end wont be an issue at all. In stock form you can fit 33" tires on the rear.

The front end is what you need to worry about. If you have already lifted the entire truck 4" then you should be set as far as up and down travel of the tire. Turning is the next issue. With 12.50 wide tires and a -38mm offset on a 15x10 wheel you should see no problem turning lock to lock. The bumper itself may be the only thing you need to trim an inch or two off once you have the tires on.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Performance Accessories has a 2 in body lift. I think its for the 93-94 trucks but I think (and don't quote me on this) you can use it on the 95-97. I'd download the instructions to check parts lists and install instructions to see if there are differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ajune93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok thanks a lot guys. I will post up how they fit and some final pictures soon

ajune93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well the tires are on, they are close, but no actual fender trimming was nessary. however i did have to go at the bumper with a grinder but not too much. Now my only issue is that a full lock i have slight rub on my sway bar, i did install drop brackets for the sway bar with my lift. is there anyway to prevent the rub? I have heard that some just take it off, what are the disadvantages of doing this?

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
youll just notice the truck dips a little more into corners than it used to. Its not a huge difference. Sway bars are for body roll in corners. They are more for cars or fast vehicles, not trucks.

ajune93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So would it be more beneficial to actually have no sway bar for offroad purposes?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals