• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First gen blues. 87 2.9

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Box 8DT is non egr manual transmission. Would allow for a egr delete. From experience, good box that responds well to porting and headers. Runs a little richer than the 89+ C9B manual trans non egr pcm.

rebel ranger

Reaction score
Pin 1 unused

Look on the wiring harness side to see if there is a wire there

The pins are all at a bit of an angle / / / / ect, thats how you can tell along with the tab out just under 41 and 42
I went and looked, there is a wire there, so that has to be pin #20, the ground for the fuel pump relay. The reason I asked earlier is because that picture is of the connector, not the computer. That makes all the pin numbers inverted on the computer as compared to the connector. Make sense?
Well **** that ain't good.
You got that right. lol Looks like that is the ground for the fuel pump relay. But yay! We fingered it out. Now to pop this apart and get it soldered back onto the PCB.

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I stand corrected :)

Hope that's the issue

rebel ranger

Reaction score
Ok, got it going, thanks again for all the input. I could have taken the lazy way out and followed my first instinct when I figured the EEC was shot from the symptoms it was showing. But then we wouldn't have had all this fun and drama.... :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, I pulled the cover off the brain box, after having to use a carbide end mill on one of the bolts. This is what I found: high water mark!! LMAO! As soon as I saw that I remembered how this went down. This happened right after I gave this truck to my 16 year old son, 7 years ago. His dipshit buddy talked him into taking it through a bog that his big brother made in his full size Bronco with 38s on it. My son didn't know he was being played(he should have because he knows this little dick head) so he was feeling confident with his new tires on. He proceeded to stick in and hang up on a root ball next to an oak tree, teetering with the right front under water, left rear out of the water. To add insult to injury, the truck sat there for two days after they couldn't get it out, he figured he'd wait for dad to get back from deer camp to pull it out. So that's when the EEC was filled up with muddy water, sitting. lol It only took 7 years to finally let go. I'm impressed!!
IMG_3355.JPGIMG_3349.JPGIMG_3348.JPG

So I pulled the shield off and cleaned the pin hole passages and desoldered the standoff from the PCB. Found some solid silver plated copper wire to run from the pin to the PCB. Got it worked in there, wrapped it and soldered it together. Put heat shrink tubing over it and tucked it back in place.
IMG_3350.JPGIMG_3351.JPGIMG_3352.JPGIMG_3353.JPG

Checked continuity, then soldered the shield back in place, and put the cover back on it.
IMG_3354.JPG

Plugged it back into the 60 way, and it fired right up, ran like a top.
Bomp bomp bomp ... another one bites the dust!
:cool::cool::cool:

This thread was pretty entertaining to say the least with all the comments, what with all the dullness of a cornholiovirus running around. Hope everyone is safe out there and don't get that BS crud they've laid up on us.
Laterrrrrrrrr Ranger fanatics!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals