• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Family Wheeler

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I did learn that i DEF need to build a front trac bar to help with steering, as well as my gear box is DEF shot to hell. I am not sure if i liked the auto for wheeling though. I like the laziness (lol) of it, but theirs just so much power loss through an auto trans vs a manual. See how it goes, but don't be surprized if i install a 5 spd to replace the pukeLD i have in the truck now.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I did learn that i DEF need to build a front trac bar to help with steering, as well as my gear box is DEF shot to hell. I am not sure if i liked the auto for wheeling though. I like the laziness (lol) of it, but theirs just so much power loss through an auto trans vs a manual. See how it goes, but don't be surprized if i install a 5 spd to replace the pukeLD i have in the truck now.
really surprised you didnt do that with the b2. i think your front shackles are too long as well. my track bar is uninstalled right now and is not too bad with the current setup. truck wont cruise at 100 anymore so its not a big problem these days:icon_rofl:

tore up my front driveshaft last night and need to make new shock mounts...well temp shock mounts. probably gonna try chevy 52's here hopefuly soon, so i was not wanting to shorten my last long driveshaft i have handy as a spare.. kind of apisser cause i will need longer ds up ront when i do the 52's. hows the sag on the sploder springs under the front of the sploder?

big bummer is after i relocated my 6.5 to make room for the bigger radiator i lost alot of steering angle cause the 42's rub the radiator pockets:annoyed:

so i am a lil pissed about that one i think cause i only did it o save money and stay on budget.

and uhhh

been thinkin bout doin a b2 sploder myself these days...maybe a xj on a sploder chassis:icon_idea:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
B2 really was never intended to be a street driven truck so it wasn't much of a concern. But the Ex is gonna be street driven so i want it to be better.

The sag isn't bad yet, and i am going to put some 35's on it and take the 38's off, so i'll probably put the stock shackles back on and replace the block in the rear to lower the truck back down.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
the 35's mounted on

my bro still has my good cam, but heres one with the phone.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Went snow wheelin last nite, that shit was deep.

I got through the snow last time better on the 38's then i did with these 35's. My explorer didn't break trail last nite for shit. But i never got stuck so thats a plus.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

well two trips snow wheeling, one on the 35's and one on the 38's and the 38's def wheeled better in the snow. But on the 35's the explorer sucks ass taint at breaking trail.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

stuffed my 38's and beadlocks o it tonite for a run next weekend.......I replaced my front springs with some stiffer ones. I also put some shorter shackles on the front. Its a little raked right now, try and take care of that tomorrow. Thinking i'll lower the rear spring mount being its fixed.

Last edited:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
heres the truck

Heres one idea

Trying to keep it super simple, and use what i have that is exsisting. Not big on tube bumpers and stingers. Simple and Flat.

Last edited:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic

Going north Friday with the sundowners (local Club) for a snow (mud) run, staying in a hotel with the wife for the weekend. Thought i would do some diff fluid changes etc.....i find all 4 pins in the aussie broken and a spring missing. Aussie is in new york so i doubt i could get a pin kite before friday noon when i am suppose to leave. DAMN IT

Oh and pulling it off the trailer at work today the power steering pump took a shit so i am buying one of those to. Looks like i will be searching for my spare spider gears tonite in the garage and running it open for the weekend.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
So Aussie Closed at 5pm today per their website

I called at 5:30 and they answered and ended up taking my name/number for an engineer to call me about ordering some pins/springs.

Bill Wright (president) Just called me 8:30pm, told me he didn't want my trip held up or to miss out by not having a locker in my truck. He said if i gave the approval tonite and paid the shipping then 1st in the morning they will ship out my pins/springs overnite and I WILL have them by the latest noon Friday. How and i only have to pay for shipping, so i can enjoy my weekend.

Thats ****ing customer service :thumb:

I have purchased two aussies (one D44 and one TTB D35) And i plan to purchase another D44 aussie for my other axle. I have had nothing but good expeirences with their customer service. Customer Service in the last two years i have noticed has been a forgotten art in business. Glad their are still some companies that appreiciate the customer.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's great that Aussie took care of you like that. Though I hope to not be in that situation, I'm glad to know they'll take care of me if I am. Have fun on the trail run, and be sure to post pics :icon_thumby:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
rock sliders are on

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Munched a Yukon outer today attempting a rock wall.....I have some pics from the trip but load them tomorrow. I do not think anybody got anything from the obstacle where i broke on though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals