• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fabtech Lift Kit

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm considering putting in a 3" Fabtech spindle lift kit on my 02 2WD. I've heard they have a pretty good ride to them. Are they pretty durrable. My truck is just a daily driver, so I want it to last a long time, and be good offroad. I dont go offroading that much, and cant do a whole lot with just a LS 2WD, but I want it to be strong enough that nothings going to happen when I go out and do stuff.

Has any body put this on their truck. How was your experience?

I got a quote from 4Wheel Parts, the kit out the door with shocks, front and rear, add a leaf for the rear and alignment is 830.68. Not too bad, but then he told me I need a wheel with 3 3/4" offset; stock wheels wont work. What exactly does the offset mean? Does the wheel need to stick out from the truck 3 3/4" to fit. He told me stock wheels wont even go on. Pisses, me off, my brother just gave me his old alloy wheels off his old ranger, the optional alloys that Ford offered. Is there a way getting around buying new wheels? I really dont want to have to buy new wheels. Really cheap wheels and 31" BFG AT's out the door is going to cost $1845. I could do it, but I wouldnt be able to fill up my gas tank afterwards and be able to enjoy it. Go figure...

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks

mikhail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
buy the wheels used

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the lift spindles work pretty well, had them on a buddys 2wd, just get the wheels used and u can usually get some decent tires too that way

mikhail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
not to hijack but whats a spindle lift? you mean the spindle on the end of the axle shaft?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
saw some on ebay for i think 180 and get some 6400s for the back and call it god...less than $300 to lift...then choose away with a nice tire combo

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
saw some on ebay for i think 180 and get some 6400s for the back and call it god...less than $300 to lift...then choose away with a nice tire combo
Saw what on ebay for 180, and what are 6400's?

GatorBlue92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have had the fabtech spindles on my truck for about a year now and i love the way it drives... is your truck torsion bar or coil spring suspension (edge or xl/xlt)?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not to hijack but whats a spindle lift? you mean the spindle on the end of the axle shaft?

a lift spindle is used on 2wd vehicles, its jsut a new forged spindle that will lower the center of the hub down X amount of "'s, same concept as a lowering spindle

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
im running those shackles with a procomp AAL and the rear is even with the front spindles
How was the install on the fabtech lift? Was it easy and quick. I shouldnt have any problem, I've got two neighbors that design transmissions and 25000 RPM motors for TRD and another that is a master technitian for Ford and a friend my age that knows more than his auto shop teacher. But I'm just curious...

I'll go three inches in the front, and a 2" add a leaf in the rear. I'm assuming this will make the truck level?? Plus, who would rather have add a leaf or blocks. I figure I would rather sacrifice the ride when empty, yet be able to have a greater payload when I need it.

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have had the fabtech spindles on my truck for about a year now and i love the way it drives... is your truck torsion bar or coil spring suspension (edge or xl/xlt)?
Its xlt

GatorBlue92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How was the install on the fabtech lift? Was it easy and quick. I shouldnt have any problem, I've got two neighbors that design transmissions and 25000 RPM motors for TRD and another that is a master technitian for Ford and a friend my age that knows more than his auto shop teacher. But I'm just curious...

I'll go three inches in the front, and a 2" add a leaf in the rear. I'm assuming this will make the truck level?? Plus, who would rather have add a leaf or blocks. I figure I would rather sacrifice the ride when empty, yet be able to have a greater payload when I need it.
i did it over a week just picking at it a little at a time... while its all apart its a good idea to install new ball joints and wheel bearings and even brakes if they are not fairly new... im not sure how level it will be with that setup on yours since mine is the torsion bar suspension... i think you might need the 5.5 to clear 33's but don't quote me since i don't know much about the coil sprung trucks

josh03edge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm considering putting in a 3" Fabtech spindle lift kit on my 02 2WD. I've heard they have a pretty good ride to them. Are they pretty durrable. My truck is just a daily driver, so I want it to last a long time, and be good offroad. I dont go offroading that much, and cant do a whole lot with just a LS 2WD, but I want it to be strong enough that nothings going to happen when I go out and do stuff.

Has any body put this on their truck. How was your experience?

I got a quote from 4Wheel Parts, the kit out the door with shocks, front and rear, add a leaf for the rear and alignment is 830.68. Not too bad, but then he told me I need a wheel with 3 3/4" offset; stock wheels wont work. What exactly does the offset mean? Does the wheel need to stick out from the truck 3 3/4" to fit. He told me stock wheels wont even go on. Pisses, me off, my brother just gave me his old alloy wheels off his old ranger, the optional alloys that Ford offered. Is there a way getting around buying new wheels? I really dont want to have to buy new wheels. Really cheap wheels and 31" BFG AT's out the door is going to cost $1845. I could do it, but I wouldnt be able to fill up my gas tank afterwards and be able to enjoy it. Go figure...

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Im new to the forum but I just bought the fabtech 3" spindle lift for torsion suspension on my 2003 Edge and it was $1000 out the door from 4Wheel Parts so you're gettin deal there...and I bought some blacked steelies and 31" BFG's for a little over $1000 and Discount Tire with warranty...the Fabtech lift kit is pretty sweet...the only thing im complaining about is the HUGE loss of turn radius...looking for a cure like skinnier calipers or something

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Im new to the forum but I just bought the fabtech 3" spindle lift for torsion suspension on my 2003 Edge and it was $1000 out the door from 4Wheel Parts so you're gettin deal there...and I bought some blacked steelies and 31" BFG's for a little over $1000 and Discount Tire with warranty...the Fabtech lift kit is pretty sweet...the only thing im complaining about is the HUGE loss of turn radius...looking for a cure like skinnier calipers or something
have you looked searched this issue I think there are a few people that have a solution, it like shaving the the steering bump stop.
where is the link for the ebay 180 special??"

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals