• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Emergency question

~X~

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I found a set of 83-88 drop beams. Will they fit my 91? Looks like they wont, but if I do get them what has to be done to make em fit? They're $200 and right now Dream beams are $269.oo + $50.oo on ebay. If its just a spindle thing or maybe a ball joint replace/adapt then I still might go for it. Sorry to be such a pest without a proper intro but this is URGENT! I'll be a little more proper in the future, I promise. :)

Last edited:

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi! Welcome to TRS. The info you are seeking is already provided on the site about the differences in the suspensions of the different years. Check out the tech articles and use the search function.

~X~

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Rifleman
I've been reading on this site for 2 months and I'm familiar with the search feature. If I was able to find it I wouldn't have posted the question I assure you. And as the title says, the info is needed in a hurry before the guy sells to someone else. Please understand I don't want to come across as being short with you or anyone else here, I could just use a quick answer. And I promise when things start to happen on this truck I will post in a mannerly way and include piks. Thanks, Mike

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
you will need the first gen spindles for the first gen beams.

~X~

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
you will need the first gen spindles for the first gen beams.
Thanks Slammed. Thats the answer I was looking for. I still might get em. Appreciate it, Mike

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was giving a typical rude response to a typical rude noob thread. It's just a little sarcasm. When you receive such a reply you should look at what you have said to provoke a short non-relevant response. Your first post ever, you don't show any sort of proper internet forum manners, expecting emergency solutions without ever contributing or introducing yourself and ya never even said hello...

Pretty much any of these automotive forums have an "Introductions" section you are supposed to start with. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

If you've been reading here for 2 months you should have picked up on some of the typical mannerisms and the fact that most questions that are post #1 for a user commonly get ignored for a while (only takes a few minutes to do an intro thread so your first post isn't an ignored plea for help). I often give them a "bump" by starting with a proper polite greeting (attracts a little attention to the thread). Don't take it personal, you are nobody special, I do it to many new folk on many forums.

Look forward to seeing your build thread! Good luck with it.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Rifleman,
Step back and relax a little, you're still pretty new here yourself. Occasionally people will need to know something in a hurry. That's actually what drives a lot of people to join web forums. If they get a prompt answer they tend to stick around. On the other hand, if what the receive is "a typical rude response to a typical rude noob thread" when there wasn't anything rude about it they way more likely to think of us a bunch of jerks and never come back.

Before you comment on my post count as well. Yeah I know I only have 400 and some odd posts, and registered in 2007. That's when the forum did it's latest major restart, and I do a whole hell of a lot more reading than posting. I pretty much only post when I feel that I have something useful to add, and then I make it in one or two posts and am done. I am coming from a background of having been a member since some time around 2000-2001. I'm one of those people who read for months before he joined, then continued to read and ask questions for over a year before he got a Ranger (I started asking for my Ranger when I was 14 and got it when I was 16).

~X~,

If you don't get those don't sweat it. In fact iI'd have to recommend against it. If you were to swap to those beams and the earlier spindles you'd be wasting your money by downgrading. The brake setup you have now is better and allows for the possibility of future upgrades, the earlier ones don't. I know they may seem cheaper now, but by the time you buy all of the front end components you'd have to swap out you would be spending as much or more that you would with the proper DJM beams. Your best bet would be to hold off and watch the various Ranger forums. IIRC I bought the ones for my truck for 150 shipped ( I know it was less than 200) off of another forum. The pop up for slae slightly use all the time, wait for a set throw in new bushings if necessary, and save yourself some money. All it takes is patience.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
New here, yes I am. I previously owned a 1987 Ranger that I sold a few years ago and I've owned my '06 since new and it's operated virtually flawlessly. I joined because I have had some experience with the Rangers and FLM vehicles in general and am also now considering getting into certain modifications. The posts I've made have been mostly information I've gained in my experience, some have been to give a bump to dead/unresolved threads, and a few have been to "welcome" such folk as this one and help them transition from "part store info" to "internet forums".

If ya read my first post, I really wasn't rude. I pointed out where the info could be found then he claimed to have been reading for 2 months, unable to find the info he needed immediately. :icon_confused:

If he was looking to join a community of people who help each other, he would have joined two months ago. Too many people want drive by help (I am a member of several different auto forums for my vehicles) without ever offering anything back to the community. If everyone was like that these types of places would not exist and the only way to prevent people from being that way is to point it out every time it happens. It is called tough love. I love my fellow man and want to see them get the help they need (which is why I pointed him in the direction to be able to help himself), but I'm not going to hand info over to someone without them knowing and understanding the full extent of how these places work. They are not just simply to get an answer and leave. Without the fellowship of community, there is nothing.

Please don't take me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals