• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Emails from HCI helmets

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I realize that this is probably going to be irrellivent to the majority of people who read it, however, there are lots of TRS members that ride motorcycles, or who need helmets for racing. the below is a c&p of a post I made on a motorcycle forum I am on. I have edited the post somewhat to tailor it more to you guys, but the emails remain UNTAMPERED WITH.

So, recently I decided I was going to buy a new helmet for riding the bike, I wanted the smallest one i could get, so i found a few companies that have helmets that look alright. I contacted them to see if I could find the measurements (Daytona has the exterior sizes of the helmets online) I got a few replies back with measurements and details. Infact, almost a week after I initially asked, I got another set of measurements back, this morning. One company, however, seemed to stand out to me as a company that literally did NOT want me spending my money on them. The emails exchanged are posted below, they are not edited or changed in any way, other than to remove my personal email address, and name, and to change the order of the emails so it can be read top down, instead of bottom up.

-----Original Message-----
From: James ********* [mailto:*emailremoved*@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:02 AM
To: sales@helmetcityinternational.com
Subject: Helmet Dimensions

Hello,

I am looking for a new helmet for riding, my mission right now is to
find, dimensionally the smallest and lightest dot approved helmet. I
was curious if you would be able to provide me measurements of the
exterior of your smallest half helmet, in a size that would fit my
24" head

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration

James *********
Devoted biker.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2013, at 7:19 AM, "Helmet City International"
<sales@helmetcityinternational.com> wrote:

These people have a good blog post on what you are asking:
http://blog.ironhorsehelmets.com/2013/05/customer-question.html

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:33 PM
To: Helmet City International
Subject: Re: Helmet Dimensions

Thanks for your reply, good to know you don't have any products I will ever
be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 16, 2013, at 6:25 AM, "Helmet City International" <sales@helmetcityinternational.com> wrote:

Was that a funny or a Smart @$$ answer?

On Aug 16, 2013, at 2:24 PM, James ******* <*emailremoved*@hotmail.com> wrote:

My answer was serious, I will not be buying any products made by your company, after the reply you sent me. YOUR answer was rude and disrespectful to a potential customer, who was asking a very legitimate question about your products. And much less chance of me supporting your company after asking me if I am being a "smart @$$." it is sad that a company of your size doesn't understand that your responses can be reposted online for everyone to see, with just a few clicks of a mouse, and that customer service is a huge portion of business.

Just so that you know, your first reply was posted on Facebook, both my personal page, and your company page for your other customers to see your dismissive attitude towards new customers. I will be further advising the rest of the motorcycle community that I have contact with, about these interactions.

From: "Helmet City International" <sales@helmetcityinternational.com>
Date: August 19, 2013, 6:16:52 AM PDT
To: "'James'" <*emailremoved*@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Helmet Dimensions

Whatever makes you sleep at night
I should point out that I am not doing this invisibly at all, HCI has my full name and personal email address. I just wonder that if this is how they treat customers, who are deciding to give this company money, how will they act once they already have your money and you need something from them, like product support or warranty work?

I also noticed that the emails I recieved did not include a name, or job title, which seems quite unprofessional in my opinion, for a company of this size, though that's really a drop in the bucket as compared to the content of the emails

feel free to repost this to other forums or facebook if you like!

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
When it comes time for me to get a helmet ill make sure to avoid these guys.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats simply pathetic. That company deserves to go out of business with customer service like that.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
You should put something in with the BBB. But I don't think they will get accredited anytime soon.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i highly doubt they would even apply to the BBB with how large they are already...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
i highly doubt they would even apply to the BBB with how large they are already...

Thanks for posting this, Bro!!

I have rode and raced dirt and sport bikes almost all my life. I can only try on a helmet to see which fits me best. I would never order one online. Some people can do this and the fit is great...but not with me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals