• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Corrado G60

JibbaJibba56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
VW
Engine Size
2.5 Duratech
Transmission
Manual
I will submit to the tech library when I finish the tuning process to give it a proper big picture and some time to give a better explanation behind how I arrived at some of my settings. When I am just trying to knock some pics in from my picasa web album I forget what I was going to say about the pic, lol. I do agree though, setting up megasquirt on this car was likely more of a challenge being a rarer breed of the VW and it not being as sophisticated as an EEC-IV to start with. In all reality doing up something that has OBDII capability should in theory be a little easier on the front end as all the parts/sensors are there, you just need to figure out where they go on the EEC-IV header and how they behave. This VW went through a fire that pretty well chewed through the harness and sourcing a harness until recently for a fair price relative to what I paid for the heap was non-existent. I will say that wiring was the biggest time consumer especially if worked late one night with a few thirsties along the way. Sometimes in the morning the wiring I did in the late stages the night before didn't quite add up. The more I butt-dyno the car in the coming month or so the better I will understand some of the setting/hardware choices I've made. On a side note, I have drawn my own 36-1 wheel to replace the DIY autotune one i bought. There is nothing wrong with the DIY autotune ones however the size I had to buy and low stance of the car caused me to case one pulling in the driveway. If you need a wheel drawn in autocad I can generate one pretty quick with a .dxf that can be used by a fab shop with a capable burn table. My wheel works and I should believe I can at least draft one up to work for you if need be.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals