• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Confused

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, iI'm just going to lay it all on the table, because I have no effing clue on where to begin. I own a 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport 2wd w/ automatic transmission. I want to lift it either 3"or 4" (big enough to fit 33s).

Problem 1:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START

Ive literally combed Google looking for some sort of DIY, instruction guide, etc. I am so lost, its ridiculous. I've asked friends with lifted vehicles, and i get different answers from each of them.

So here is my plan. Im going to ask you, the almighty gods of the ranger world, to help me out. Keep in mind this is my first time EVER lifting a vehicle. I can lower a car in half a day and I've been working on cars on and off for quite a while, so i know my way around. I'm looking for a budget lift, w/ the easiest possible installation as possible. I can take care of fabrication for the most part (I'm a welder :) ). This truck is going to be used for very minor offroading (no jumps, rock climbs, etc)

So come on people, teach me. Teach me the way of off roading

And thanks in advance BTW

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
look into a body lift. can be had for 200 or so. you've got mechanical experience so it should be doable.

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
yea, everyone i talked to said a body lift wasnt worth it because it doesnt lift any suspension components. Trust me, when i heard this was the least expensive way to go, this it the first thing i checked out

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so what if it doesnt lift any suspension components? you would be able to fit the bigger tires, retain a stock quality ride and you stated you would only do light offroading. if you do light offroading, whats the point is spending big bucks on a suspension lift? after the warranty on the suspension components expires and something fails you'd have to buy replacement aftermarket components for them. just my 2 cents.http://www.trsfabandoffroad.com/products/performanceaccessories.htm

Last edited:

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
do i have to extend the steering column or anything like that with a body lift?

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
hmmm, says steering extension is included in the "suspension connection" setup. So is 3" really big enough? Now its looking like bigger may be better, or at least better looking. BTW, thanks a whole bunch for all the info.

do these generally come with instructions btw?

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
step by step according to the manufacturer.

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
sweet. this is gonna be next months project. have you done this?

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So is 3" really big enough? Now its looking like bigger may be better, or at least better looking. BTW, thanks a whole bunch for all the info.
look at the ranger here http://www.trsfabandoffroad.com/prod...ccessories.htm it looks like its got around 31x10.50 looks like it could do 32-33's. dont quote me on that. you do know your truck will be slow as hell out of the hole with 33's automatic and likely 3.73 gears. most of the pros seem to seem to recommend 4.56's or better for your engine, transmission, 33's.

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sweet. this is gonna be next months project. have you done this?
no i havent. im looking into it. seems to be the best alternative as i dont offroad much and i want to go with wide 31's.

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
so then go to 32s or 31s? also that link didnt work

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so then go to 32s or 31s? also that link didnt work
whatever you want. if you're going to do the body lift. do it, take it into a tire/offroad shop, test fit whatever size you want. the link can be found in the second post i made on this thread.

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
actually, the tires on that truck may be 30x9.50. they look about the height and width of mine.

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
well i dont want it to be super slow. i mean the truck isnt quick as it is, i couldnt see it being any slower

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals