• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i know im a few months late but i havent been on in a while....but i dont know how 4.0 thinks that bersa thunder .380 is a good gun... i had one and it was just a POS as my old Lorcin .380... alot of FTF and stove piping then one day i ran through a mag and when i released the mag to reload a spring fell out and it wouldnt fire anymore...(didnt notice the spring falling at the time) i ended up selling it to a dealer for 50 bucks just so i didnt have to deal with the pos anymore...however i carry an XD40 fullsize in a fobus paddle holster and love it...very accurate and comfortable to shoot...only way i would get the 9 is if it was the xdm so i had 20 on tap.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe I think it's a good gun bc I've shot several and all of them have worked GREAT..
Just bc you've had bad experiences with them doesn't mean everyone has. Ours has never failed and never jammed. Never done anything it's not suppose to. That's more than I say say about the Glock I had. The Bersa's (for the money) are great guns. Maybe you just had a bad one. Maybe you bought it used or you didn't take are of it. Maybe it was the lemon. Idk... But you can't judge all by one. First browning a-bolt I owned had lots of issues; does that mean browning a-bolts suck? Of course not.

As far as the XD's; that's my plan. Well I want the XDm 45acp.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
My brother's bersa .380 has always worked fine...no problems at all. Cheapo gun yes, but that doesn't me it is a total piece of crap. Lemons do exist though.

I really like my 5" tactical full size .45 XD I just bought last week :headbang Matches my truck and all:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I carry a Ruger P95 9MM for my conceal and carry weapon with no issues with it at all. Bit heavy, but I know if I run out of ammo, I can beat the bad guy to death with it lol

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I am picking up my FN 5.7 in OD green on Wednesday. :yahoo:

Felmac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i love my kimber ultra cdp 2 .45

Last edited:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I want a FNH .40..

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i am soooo jealous... i have never had a chance to shoot one yet but i want one soooo bad!!@ hoosier

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a Beretta 21A Bobcat in my front pocket. No holster of any type needed. It's already in my hand should trouble arise. I've had to conceal-carry a .357 and qualify on the range (combat-course) wearing a blazer with it in a high-ride. Much better to have a lot smaller gun in your hand already. Producing the fastest is much better than having the biggest. If you are going to carry something that you can't drop in your front pocket, a highride is the way to go. You need to wear a windbreaker or a blazer, though. You have to be able to sweep it cleanly open with the thumb on your right hand, securing the grip of the weapon, while your right chops the snap of the holster free. From there (and the guy with the .22 in his pocket has already shot you 3 times) you have to pull the weapon clear, rotate it forward while the left hand joins the right on the grip and fire your first shot unaimed--muscle memory. You've been shot 5 times now. Then, you have the weapon up in a good modified weaver stance and take the last 3 rounds from the .22 as you pop off the second shot of your double-tap.

I've done this a million times. Get a pistol in your pocket even if you carry something on your belt. Pour some shots into him and then whip out the 10mm and issue the coup de grace.

Mr. Tarkanian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I am picking up my FN 5.7 in OD green on Wednesday. :yahoo:

NICE. FiveseveN's are sweet.

I gotta give my Smith and Wessons some love. I have an M&P 40 service with the updated striker block, thumb safety delete, FDE backstrap and soon adding Heinie Strait 8 sights. Also have an ex-KSP 686 pre lock with 3 inch barrel, hogue monogrips, and a Wilson Combat spring tune. I guess you could call me a S&W fanboi. I do like the XD's, and have owned a couple 9's which ran PERFECT, but I wish springfield would sell replacement parts directly to consumers. Glocks are ok but I GREATLY prefer the M&Ps or XDs.

Daily carry is a surplus Bulgarian makarov, with 17lb Wolff recoil spring, +10% Wolff mag spring, grip tape and loaded with buffalo bore 95 gr. +Ps, with a couple spare mags that usually stay in the truck. It's an amazing little pistol. It's been (intentionally) dunked in sand, mud, pond water, limp wristed, and various other forms of abuse TRYING to make it jam and I've never been able to. The sand slowed the slide down a LOT, you could almost feel it going through its cycle, but it rechambered and fired every time. It's got 800+ flawless rounds down the tube. Cheap, accurate, and RELIABLE. It will probably be replaced this summer with a S&W 642 PRO (lighter), but the mak has definitely earned its place in the safe.

Guns are good.

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
springfield xd .45 Tactical the gun shoots like a dream fired over 3000 rounds and has never had a jam. and is always DEAD on. I have a LOT of other guns but this is by far my fav

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
my new toy.. only fired once (by FH at Springfield) they even include the hull in the case! lol
XDm 3.8" 45 acp

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I love the XDm. I wanted one but went with the XD40 sub-compact

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I love the XDm. I wanted one but went with the XD40 sub-compact

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
i started to, b/c it was $120 cheaper... but i really favored the XDm so i spent the money and got the one i want. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Ooh nice, I want one of those.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals