• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch master cyl......

scheetz21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OK well my master cyl. was bypassing internally so i bought a new one bled it before i installed then when i went to hook up the quick disconnect and it wouldn't connect so i opened the bleeder on the slave..fluid squirt out and the the connector slipped right in..and the clutch pedal was like there was nothing there so tryed bleeding it threw the slave more and didn't work so i pulled master cyl back out and repeated. now i have 1/3rd of clutch when i get to the bottom of pedal i just start feeling the clutch releasing..? I let it gravity bleed forever, 3 reservoirs full. if you could tell me what im doing wrong id greatly appreciate it. thanks advance Butch...oh and its a 93, 4x4, 4.0, mod5 trans.

bhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
Find the youtube video put out by Perfection Clutch on Bleeding the ranger master cylinders. It is excellent. You will see that air gets trapped in weird places and is almost impossible to bleed out unless you hang it like they show in the video. Then, after you install it, you open the bleeder and let it gravity bleed. Many people say if you bleed it like brakes you may introduce air. I'm in the middle of this process now, as we got air in there somehow and I guess I'm going to have to start over again, like you.

kukaepe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I just did the U tube bleeding process on my '02 Mazda B3000 today. Got a new master cylinder from Autozone for $45 and found the following link on this forum somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rum66runner#p/a/f/0/HgNTDGwcjZc

I followed the process exactly as the guy describes on the video....results were great. I've been working on cars for the last 45+ years and have never seen a plastic master cylinder and have never done a pre-bleeding like this out of the car. Well all I can say is that this "old dog" has learned a new trick and this process appears to be the proper way to bleed the clutch on this vehicle. Good luck, I had great results following the video.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals