• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch line

87xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
im having trouble getting the cluthc line into the slave of my mazda....anybody have some tips? i know theres a speical tool to remove the line, but ive searched around and cant find anthing on it....would i need it to put the line back in??? thanks for any help

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
im having trouble getting the cluthc line into the slave of my mazda....anybody have some tips? i know theres a speical tool to remove the line, but ive searched around and cant find anthing on it....would i need it to put the line back in??? thanks for any help
No tool is needed to re-intall the line. It should just push in and lock. Make sure the little "spring" retainer within the slave connector isn't damaged/bent.

bhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
I installed a new clutch and new slave last week. No tool is necessary, it should just push in. However, you didn't say if you have a new slave or not. I am thinking if the slave is not new, it may be pressurized with hydraulic (brake) fluid so it is like trying to join 2 hydraulic lines with full pressure in each. If that is the case, what I did on my farm implements was to relieve some pressure from one side. Applying that to your truck, open the bleed screw at the top of the slave and then try to join it, then close it again and bleed as necessary.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals