• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Interlock NOT working

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi dudes.

Heres the issue: I have a 96 3.0 with manual tranny, the clutch interlock switch never worked on this truck, this means I can turn it on without having the clutch pedal pressed.

Some of you told me the previous owner must have baypassed this switch. Today I looked at it, everything seems to be fine, there is no bypass on the clutch switch. It even has the original corrugated plastic in mint conditions, and all 6 wires.

I also disconnected the 6-wire conector from this switch and the truck started. THIS MEANS THE BAYPASS WAS MADE SOMEWHERE ELSE, NOT IN THE SWITCH ITSELFT.

Any ideas where this god damn bypass could be made?
I want to remove all the electric extras the previous owner made, already removed the aftermarket alarm, going to remove the trailer harness it has and I want to solve this clutch baypass.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
IDK did you check the connector maybe there is a jumper wire shoved on the back side of the connector peel the cover back on the wires and look for something goofy. You should be able to trace the circuit with a simple test light and a schematic using wire colors my schematics only go to 1990.

mfernandes

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Pal, thanks for the answer.

Heres the deal:

I removed the kick panel and found the red/lt blue attached to a solid blue wire that runs directly to the starter relay. If I disconnect that parasite solid blue wire from the relay the truck wont start.

PIC 1 - Original red/lt blue wire coming from the ignition, converted into a solid blue that goes directly to the starter relay.

Under the dash, hanging, there was the "rest" of the original red/lt blue wire which runs to the I/P fuse panel (fuse 24, 10A); so I disconnected the parasite blue wire, attached both red/lt blue wires BUT THE TRUCK WONT START.

PIC 2 - The starter relay; the wire on the left is the original red/lt blue coming from the I/P fuse box, the otherone is the parasite solid blue

Any idea? Please, I want this out of my truck, I dont like this parasite stuff in the electric system of the truck!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals