• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Hydraulic Line

diehard80's

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 (x2)
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Okay... I'm removing the transmission in order to replace the clutch (and possibly the slave cylinder) but I'm confused as to how to disconnect the clutch hydraulic line. I have an '87 Ranger 2.9L with a 5-speed M5OD transmission. Chilton's manual says to slide the white sleeve down toward the slave cylinder but I don't see any sleeve. Does it come out using the same kind of tool used to disconnect "quick-connect" fuel lines?

Last edited:

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Most trucks that age don't have the sleeve anymore. I took a hose clamp of around the right diameter, pried off the worm screw part, and then stuck the clamp around the connector and worked it in there with a flathead. It takes a while but it works.

On another truck i literally just pryed the slave side (it came apart in chunks) of the connector away from the master input. It destroyed the slave but i was replacing it anyways.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
I've had pretty good luck using two flat head precision screw drivers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals