• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clockspring part# for 1997 Ranger 2.3L

SusanQ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I'm working through code 44 for airbag light diagnostics. Haven't electrically tested components but have been reading symptoms which include "horn not working"...indicating good probability the clockspring needs replacing. Search Google for part, (e.g., 1A Auto & RockAuto & Ford Parts Center) I can't locate exact match part for 1997 Ranger manual/2wd/4cycl 2.3L. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for the correct clockspring? TIA, Susan

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
It seems the number you need is F67Z-14A664-GA . I put this in a google search, and most of the first page list it as discontinued. I will let you plug this number in google and keep looking. Be aware, if you do find someone who says they have it, I would call them and make sure they can lay their hands on it. Looks like a very hard part to find now.

SusanQ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thank you so much for taking time to help me "Franklin2". Yes, discontinued and Ford Parts Center advised aftermarket search. I just rang them back before seeing your message and they provided original part #F67Z-14A664-FA". Maybe the number you found is superseded part number? I believe your suggestion to contact the seller is a very valuable one! Thanks again! Susan

SusanQ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Possibly, the difference in part # may be the "speed control". My truck does not have cruise control or really any other electronic control except for the horn.
  • Part Description
Cover And Contact Plate Assy
  • w/air bag, with speed control, BEFORE 4/97

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals