• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clearing 32'' with ReadyLift Level kit.

BenC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey folks,

I'm a new member of the Ranger Station...so, be kind.

If this thread doesnt belong to this forum, I apologize beforehand. Feel free to move it where it belongs.

After owning my ranger fx4(2008) for almost 3 years now, ...I finally got around to it and installed some 32'' Mickey Ts on.

Now, ...in order to achieve this I got a ReadyLift Leveling kit installed...and will eventually install Belltech6400 shakles in the rear to bring the back end up a little again.

Can anyone comment on whether doing the PreKey mod (installing -07 torsion keys) should have been favoured over the ReadyLift? - or are they really the same apart from the couple hundred bucks more for the ReadyLift...I only found out about the PreKey mod after installing the ReadyLift kit...so I want to know if my mistake was simply paying too much money, or did I really make a beginner's mistake and should change.

Let me then say that I don't do crazy offroading...I have land in the woods and simply need some more ground clearance in order to safely go over tree stumps without tearing the front bumber off.

Cheers and thanks everyone.

Last edited:

nate09

Reaction score
i dont know much about torsion bar suspensions, but im pretty sure the prekey mod would have accomplished the same thing as the ready lift.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I don't know what the ReadyLift kit is, unless it is just new torsion bar keys. Linky?

You can fit 32's with just a torsion twist in the front, or a pre key swap with a twist and the earlier rear blocks on '08+. No need to lift the rear unless you just want to.

That being said, 32's might rub a little if they are mounted on the stock wheels simply because of the backspacing. A 15x8 wheel with 3.75" backspace and there shouldn't be any problems.

BenC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
...thanks for the response!

The thing is that I already have the ReadyLift(new keys with .5'' shock spacer...which they say gives 2.25'') installed with the 32'' ...everything clears, no problem, all "looks" good, but I was wondering if this any different, from the wear and tear perspective of the suspension, than doing the PreKey mod...

I appreciate all you comments.

nate09

Reaction score
I don't know what the ReadyLift kit is, unless it is just new torsion bar keys. Linky?

You can fit 32's with just a torsion twist in the front, or a pre key swap with a twist and the earlier rear blocks on '08+. No need to lift the rear unless you just want to.

That being said, 32's might rub a little if they are mounted on the stock wheels simply because of the backspacing. A 15x8 wheel with 3.75" backspace and there shouldn't be any problems.
http://www.readylift.com/c-171-ranger-1998-2010-4wdedge-225.aspx

$230 lift keys.

BenC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
...ok, I'll get some and post them!

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic

ftlbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
BenC, I'm thinking about getting the ReadyLift kit as well. How was the ride quality after you installed the kit?

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
BenC, I'm thinking about getting the ReadyLift kit as well. How was the ride quality after you installed the kit?
I noticed zero difference in the ride after I installed them. Pretty Pleased with the results

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals