• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Class 7/ Class 7s

aeraceranthony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just wanted to get your opinions on the two classes. I am getting another truck due to my last one getting stolen. I am looking to get into off road racing, mainly CORR. Which class do you think will better suit someone getting into the sport? How much am I looking at money wise? Any other input will be a great help. Thanks.

aeraceranthony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I meant SCORE, not CORR, sorry.

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
racing a ranger in any score class will be atleast 25K if you don't do your own fab work.

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
ill give you a free bump cause i was wondering about these too. Things like whatt would be better for beginers.which is more competative. or which class is more stock than the other. and what would most likely cost more.

Quasi242

January 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure if SCORE has a 1500 Class, but MDR (I think) will be introducing this class. From what I understand, you can do front suspension mods, the rear suspension is restricted to leaf springs, and the engine can not exceed the largest displacement available in the respective stock vehicle. 1500 will be a pro class vs. a sportsman class like 1450. This seems to be an attractive option since 1450 is so unlimited that it is nearly impossible to be competitive without spending a load of cash.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I want to build a race truck, but I'm looking to build a stock class Ranger to run in BITD. I'd like to build one in time for the 2011 season.

Personally, I'd go with a stock class to get your feet wet and then move up from there.

RunBaja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
The entry fees alone are a 1K plus for the bigger races in SCORE and BITD. Racing costs a lot of money, trust me I am Prep Mechanic for MasterCraft Motorsports. We run 2 Trophy Trucks, a Pro-2, and a full blown pre-runner. Dont get me wrong racing is a ton of fun it's just very costly and I am very lucky I get to do it on some one else's dime. You know your safety gear isnt cheap either ie: Helmets, Driving suits, Gloves, Head and Neck Restriant(HANS, D-Cell, R3, Defender) Driving Shoes. Dont forget about the logistics that go into desert racing also, its not a one show. If you have any questions let know I will try to point you in the right way.:icon_thumby: OH and if you plan to run SCORE you need to make sure your truck will pass chasis inspection so it can be SCORE tagged

rngrracing96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
33x10.5x15
I dont plan on racing for a couple years cause I need to get more experience. I was just wondering if i should buy the SCORE book now or wait till they come out with the new on in 2011 ?

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you start out in the 7sx class (basically completely stock) you will get the jist of racing and start to become familiar with it. As long as you do your own fab work cost can be very low for the vehicle. To race in an event its between 500-1000+ but it depends on the lenght and time for the race. Starting in the 7sx class will give you a good foundation to start off of and from there you can upgrade your truck as your drving skills increase and move up to 7s then 7 open.

Now unlike the big guys, there is no need to race EVERY race. you can pick and choose your races for the year and jsut have fun with it. Dont expect to go out there to beat everyone your first race, if you do i owe ya a few beers lol. the way i look at this type of racing is, im not out there to beat the competition, im out there to beat the desert. As long as you finish its a win in my book. you may not understand that now untill you get into racing and realize what its all about but trust me, its hard work but well worth it

RunBaja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
you can buy a trophy lite for 60K race ready, they are a spec class and work well. thats cheap for a turn key race truck that is brand new and they run on 91 octane so fuel is even cheaper and the motors last for ever

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals