• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cancer removal on the BII

BIIHawg

December OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So i am in the process of removing the cancerous areas on my truck and replacing them with fresh metal. During this process i came across some cancer i was unaware of. It is located at the front of the door jam. My question is as follows....

Does anyone make a replacement panel for this location for the ranger/BII? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Fabbing a piece for this spot will be pretty tricky without the proper tools. I have found replacement pieces for the full size bronco for this spot and am going to look into whether or not they can be made to work. If anyone knows of a company that makes a replacement piecefor the ranger/BII the info would be much appreciated... Now for the picture to clarify...

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
So i am in the process of removing the cancerous areas on my truck and replacing them with fresh metal. During this process i came across some cancer i was unaware of. It is located at the front of the door jam. My question is as follows....

Does anyone make a replacement panel for this location for the ranger/BII? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Fabbing a piece for this spot will be pretty tricky without the proper tools. I have found replacement pieces for the full size bronco for this spot and am going to look into whether or not they can be made to work. If anyone knows of a company that makes a replacement piecefor the ranger/BII the info would be much appreciated... Now for the picture to clarify...

so that is where the door sits when closed? and when it's open you can stand on it?

i won't be of any help, unfortunately, just wondering for future reference if you get a good answer on here.

but, is there any chance you could cut out a section on there, and weld in a new piece? (sorry if that's a completely moronic suggestion.. only thing i can think of haha)

BIIHawg

December OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The plan is to cut it out and put a new piece back in. But due to the shape/curve of the section it will be tough to fab without all the fancy body shop tools.....Thats why i was hoping there was areplacement piece out there some where...ihave a feeing that a full size bronco piece will have to do....or i'll have to go and find a junk ranger somewhere and pilfer the section....

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
The plan is to cut it out and put a new piece back in. But due to the shape/curve of the section it will be tough to fab without all the fancy body shop tools.....Thats why i was hoping there was areplacement piece out there some where...ihave a feeing that a full size bronco piece will have to do....or i'll have to go and find a junk ranger somewhere and pilfer the section....
that's true.. would have to have metal bending and such.

do you know anybody in the business?
try in regional forums for someone who has these tools or something.

GL on your removal of malignant tumor:)

what if you did several small pieces... welding each of them seperately...

break the one piece into say 4 or something.

then it will be very choppy, but then grind it down to be smooth.
dunno, just an idea again.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
have you tried LMC?

BIIHawg

December OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd like this to be a simple one piece installation...especially with where it is located...the curve has to be right or the door may not seal or sit right...

I did check LMC and they don't seem to have this replacement piece...every other spot that rusts but not this one...

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
try www.raybuck.com they may have what you need.

If they don't you still have a couple of options.

1. you could try to find one in a j/y that you can cut out and put in.

2. talk to a bodyshop to see if they can get you one, or let you know where to get one.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Either find a good donor truck in a boneyard close to you, or, mark your picture how you want it cut out, and try posting it in the "Wanted" section here. Seems that somebody scrapping one out could cut and send you that area, and you could then trim it down to the best area for the replacement piece.

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
or you could fill it with tiger hair, sand it and move on with life like i did. I reshaped missing pieces of my wheel well outline on my B2 with tiger hair and they are still rock solid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals