• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cam and lifter kits

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I really don't care if you don't like the 3.0 but, As I've told clueless, bashing the 3.0 is bashing Rangers and that I take offense to.
The 3.0 was put into the taurus and the probe also, drama queen.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this thread is hilarious. it takes about all I've got to not reply to dusty ranger's dumbass but I will say this-if you don't have a 3.0 why are you posting in the 3.0 forum? telling people you learned how to turn a bolt when you were eight shows nothing for your intelligence. if you grew up in a shop, why are you going to collEge? you could be making money now wrenchin on cars rather than pumping gas. as for me staying in school, I'm on my way to a bachelors and I've got an associates of engineering science to prove it. do us all a favor and stop tryin to dumb us up with your worthless posts.

I am in no way bashing rangers, if you ever talk to anyone I know personally, they'll tell you I'm a ranger fan through and through. I bleed blue. I'm just having a little trouble with my particular motor right now and thought I'd be able to tap into the aftermarket a little. I'll look into getting a custom ground cam but it'll probably be outta my preferred price range. If I pull it apart and the cam is visually OK I'll probably just replace the lifters and call it good.

RangerRock

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
this thread is hilarious. it takes about all I've got to not reply to dusty ranger's dumbass but I will say this-if you don't have a 3.0 why are you posting in the 3.0 forum? telling people you learned how to turn a bolt when you were eight shows nothing for your intelligence. if you grew up in a shop, why are you going to collEge? you could be making money now wrenchin on cars rather than pumping gas. as for me staying in school, I'm on my way to a bachelors and I've got an associates of engineering science to prove it. do us all a favor and stop tryin to dumb us up with your worthless posts.

I am in no way bashing rangers, if you ever talk to anyone I know personally, they'll tell you I'm a ranger fan through and through. I bleed blue. I'm just having a little trouble with my particular motor right now and thought I'd be able to tap into the aftermarket a little. I'll look into getting a custom ground cam but it'll probably be outta my preferred price range. If I pull it apart and the cam is visually OK I'll probably just replace the lifters and call it good.
Ive been reading all your posts knocking the 3.0L Vulcan, just becasue it is not a prefered off road engine, does not make it a turd, infact judgeing by your posts, a ranger with a stock engine in general is not going to cut it with you, From my personal expereince a 4.0L is not all that impressive either.

And before you comment im not claiming to 3.0 to be a powerhouse, but like most would agree with what it lacks in power it more than makes up in reliability.
And from the looks of your truck {which i do like}you're already all but killing what power the Vulcan has to offer

Now with that said the only point i want to get across is just because the Vulcan dont fit you particular appilcation doenst make it any less of an engine

who cares if i have a 3.0L im 100% positive my 2.9L will run circles around you
That might be since i dont know your truck but i'm 100% positive Mine will still be running circles , when yours is only a memory

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals