• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Build Threads

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Obviously there are lots of build threads on here and lots of different reasons to do one (big trucks, little trucks, chop tops, and so on). Many of these threads contain useful and innovative ideas. Here's my question: What does your truck need to actually 'deserve' it's own thread. For instance - I've got big plans for my truck but currently it's nothing special. If this were your situation, would you take the time to document what you have done to your truck (or what changes it's gone through), or would you leave it alone until you get around to bigger mods? Basically, I kinda want to make one but I don't want to make anything stupid looking that everybody who looks at will just kinda sit there and think "why would that kid waste his time writing this for such an insignificant truck?"

Make sense?
Thoughts?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you want to, go for it.

It makes for a great place to send people for things you have delt with on your truck. Rather than make a post telling how you did it and digging up the pictures you can just drop a link to the page where you did it.

If nothing else people do look at them and it could save you from posting multiple threads on various projects if people just see it in your build thread first.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
As long as you post pictures I don't see a problem, everyone likes pictures.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
build threads are free. you want one, you make one. worst that happens is nobody looks at it. ive got one that rarely gets updated and is really nothing to look at compared to a lot of the trucks on here, but ive still got it.

let me suggest that if you do make one, use photobucket and make a folder for your build thread pics. that way you know what ones not to delete so your thread can stay view-able

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've got a few build threads that went nowhere, but the ones I stick with I like because I can see the progress over the years. Sometimes I get depressed about what seems like a lack of progress and it's uplifting to look back and see what I've done. It's also a great way to document what you've done. With my memory I need a build thread so I don't lose track of what I'm doing.
Do a build thread, it's great therapy.

Richard

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Just do it. I think the first year of my truck's build thread I put seats in it and painted a piston that I was gonna use for a shifter but currently use to take up space on my head board.

My BII's build thread, in two years I think it shows me putting a Lund moonvisor on it and replacing the clutch. Might have some pics of the engine replacement, which wasn't anything special, just replacing a worn out 2.9 with a newer 2.9.

Even if nobody else ever looks at it or posts in it then you have a record of your truck's progress.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I'll throw one together then :) Thanks guys. I found my old iPhone today and was able to get pictures off of it of my Ranger in just about every state it's been in since I purchased one so I think I'm going to try to sum up everything I've done since purchasing #1, crashing #1, Purchasing #2 and turning them into one truck. Plus all the mods. Maybe like Version 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3.1 1.3.2 .... 2.0 etc.

I guess I'll put the stupid mods in as well as the good ones just to hold accuracy

jhammel85

Yeah you should. I've been meaning to for a while. I plan to restore the truck one day so I will definitely have one then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals