• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BS facts people will tell you about their used vehicle for sale.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Very Tall Engine Cooling=VTEC and it's in a Mustang hahaha!!!! Omg I'd of been like Does it also have VVT like Nissan you ****ing homosexual?
VVT is Toyota. And it actually VVT-i. Nissan doesn't use fancy names for what is now run of the mill shit.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i still think one of the best ones is "it needs... but i wouldnt be afraid to drive this vehicle across the country."
i like the ones that say runs and drives great just need motor/trans. if it needs a motor or trans it doesnt drive great.

but i kid you not i saw an ad that said "was told would be a good running truck if it had an engine and transmission put in it" really if you put a new engine and transmission in it i would hope it runs good

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
If I had a nickle for everytime I read "It ran (great, perfect, 100%, etc) before the (engine, trans, rear, etc.) blew", I'd have a lot of nickles!

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
VVT is Toyota. And it actually VVT-i. Nissan doesn't use fancy names for what is now run of the mill shit.
VVT isn't 'Toyota' it's a generic term, variable valve timing.

I've seen mazda use the exact same initials.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know the difference between upgraded and fully modified from what cops typically have. This guy was spewing BS, and I googled the hell out of it to make sure.

I'm not doubting that it may have been used by the FBI, but it certainly did NOT have a DOHC, and the suspension story became a longer and longer thread of lies pulled from a sweater of mistruth the longer I listened. I didn't crawl under it because that parking lot is dirty as hell and I just had a shower.

Like I said though, the car WAS in excellent shape, and drove magnificently. If I had the cash, I'd buy it despite the guy insulting my intelligence.
i'm fairly sure there was a dohc engine for them... my buddy had a p71 and i'm 90% sure he had a 4.6L DOHC motor in his... wiki shows the p71 only used the 2v(16 total) sohc, but i'm about 90% sure he had a dohc in his... it was CERTAINLY different than the 4.6 in my uncle's f-150 (which is the same 2v

You mean TBI?
nope tpi is correct, it's tuned port injection not throttle body injection

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I've always tried to be as honest as possible when selling vehicles...

My buddy bought a 4x4 2500 cummins and the owner was like oh yeah shift her in four... isn't that smooth sounding? Come to find out the linkage wasn't even on the 4wd and the front diff was toast.

My favorite was a guy selling a taurus.... SF model or something and he said it meant it's the super fast edition.

Modern police cars all get the heavy duty equipment and a police tune...... but a mechanic the other day at the motor pool was telling me that when they get a car it comes factory listed as a Taxi/Police Crown Vic. He said if he wanted a vic he'd just order a taxi version and program it.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i'm fairly sure there was a dohc engine for them... my buddy had a p71 and i'm 90% sure he had a 4.6L DOHC motor in his... wiki shows the p71 only used the 2v(16 total) sohc, but i'm about 90% sure he had a dohc in his... it was CERTAINLY different than the 4.6 in my uncle's f-150 (which is the same 2v
I couldn't find a single example of a factory equiped DOHC Vic, the closest example is a Merc Marauder which was only made in 03 & 04, and was never a fleet vehicle. I know people have done swaps and don't doubt that there have probably been some special orders from Ford, but this guy was just full of it.

Modern police cars all get the heavy duty equipment and a police tune...... but a mechanic the other day at the motor pool was telling me that when they get a car it comes factory listed as a Taxi/Police Crown Vic. He said if he wanted a vic he'd just order a taxi version and program it.
Most taxi's I've encountered were P70's (LWB versions). Yes, police cars do get heavier duty suspension, different gearing, aluminium driveshaft, etc, but like I said before this guy was spewwing stuff about a completely different setup.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I have heard some BS on this, such as a "good drive for everyday use", yeah, its a flunking 3mpg Dodge Ram!!!! I don't want a freaking 10 cylinder pickup that backfires every 30 seconds!

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
A Buddy and I went to a used car lot and we were looking at a 1999 7.3 Powerstroke Single Cab, this thing was flawless! Paint looked brandnew, Interior Brand New, New Tires, the works, he wanted 14.5. So we pop the hood and and were checking everything and We see the turbo is Ducktaped to the Engine.... we asked him about it he then proceeded to tell us that is how they come... and that there is nothing wrong with it. Then the man said we are just two little 17 year olds who know nothing.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My favorite was a guy selling a taurus.... SF model or something and he said it meant it's the super fast edition.
wasn't SHO was it? "super high output" god if it was, i'm going to laugh at you!
A Buddy and I went to a used car lot and we were looking at a 1999 7.3 Powerstroke Single Cab, this thing was flawless! Paint looked brandnew, Interior Brand New, New Tires, the works, he wanted 14.5. So we pop the hood and and were checking everything and We see the turbo is Ducktaped to the Engine.... we asked him about it he then proceeded to tell us that is how they come... and that there is nothing wrong with it. Then the man said we are just two little 17 year olds who know nothing.
dude, ford bought out 3m in 97, and intergrated all of their products into ford vehicles by the 98 model year, duct tape WAS used on all 99-03 powerstroke turbos

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's it, that's what it was......... what a fag.
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA YOU MORON!!!!!

they made several different SHO motors, started with v6's and they eventually did v8's... after the initial build they priced it out and had to add an additional $10,000 just because it was too cheap, and dialed the power down, because it was too powerful, compared to the mustang gt of the era... it was faster and cheaper, they wanted to make it an enthusiasts car...

they are NICE, and FAST!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_SHO

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
That is the most retarded marketing name ive ever heard of........... either way the car was a ragged pos.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they are worth a tonne of money in ANY condition

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals