• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II rated worst 4x4 of all time

dirtylilbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8s
Transmission
Manual
i find it funny non of there 3 had true independent an yet any true 4x4 guy will say that indepent is crap (s10 blazer)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i find it funny non of there 3 had true independent an yet any true 4x4 guy will say that indepent is crap (s10 blazer)
TTB is as independant as independant can be. Both tires move completly independant of each other.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
That's it! I'm selling my stroker Ranger, my Explorer (cause they are based off the same design), my F350 dually (just to be safe), AND my 87 Tintop, and buying me a battery powered smart car and a segway (I'm willing to bet that's 1 and 2 on their best list)

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
screw them. they're just trying to get people to read their stupid magazines.

the chevy/dodge guys get all hard b/c a ford is listed as the worst, so they go get a copy and frame it (cause they're d-bags). the ford guys get all mad b/c a ford is worse. same thing with the jeep guys.

to semi-quote blazing saddles "off-road magazines? we dont need no stinking off-road magazines!"
reminds me of a discussion we had in school a few days ago. im the only one around with my b2, and nobody else in my school is big into offroadin like me and my buddy with his jeep. all they say is my b2 is junk because its not a dodge ram. i just reply with 'i dont see you driving anything? when you do get a vehicle, ill give you a thousand dollars if you can make it where the b2 will go'. they just reply with something about their dads pickup. douchebags!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
anything is crap is you rate it from a stock perspective. if it's moded for off road use then it is a different story. Purpose built vehicles are never a part of a bullcrap magazine rating. I hate petersons mags anyway. I would gladly take a B2 over many new trucks, as long as you give me about 20K to mod it out.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
My dad had a BII and hated it. Although he never drove it offroad, so really this is pointless, but he says it was the biggest piece of crap he has ever owned.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
even for a dd, i love mine...
i didn't have anything against the 2.9 either. but the 4.0 makes it a great-er dd lol

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i had a bII that was sweet, it was bulletproof, and had a motor that didn't actually exist in north america... had i know that at the time, it never would have gone to the scrap yard... (2.3L v6) and yes, it was for sure, a 2.3L v6... no idea where it came from, but that's what it was... unless someone managed to fit a 2.3L intake onto a v6, and the 2.3L intake looked identical to the 2.9L intakes...

though i only had it on the road for about 2 weeks when my mustang had no motor

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals