• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bonnaroo music festival

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Any of you folks around Tennessee ever been to the Bonnaroo music festival? We dont get jack crap up here in Alaska and I love outdoor shows but it gets expensive quick to go to shows down there so I pick and choose careful. Last summer was PHISH @ Alpine valley music theatre in east Troy Wisconsin and Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)The Wall Tour @ The United center in Chicago. I want to hit at least two killer venues down there this summer. Bonnaroo is releasing the line-up this tuesday. Post up of any awsome festivals or outdoor venues you guys go too. Thanks :icon_thumby:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't know about the Bonnaroo we have one of those in my little town of Quincy and the town is overrun by more people than the town has.The High Sierra Music Festival lasts for about three days on July 4th weekend everyone seems to have a great time If I have to pay full price for tickets I don't go you must enjoy them a lot to come that far.

FourPointOh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My friend went there two summers ago and he loved it, but being from MI it added quite a few more expenses onto his trip.

Him and I were trying to plan a trip down there this summer for it, but I dont think I will be able to go now

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yea I really dig jam bands oudoors, met a lot a cool and strange people but always have good times.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Don't know about the Bonnaroo we have one of those in my little town of Quincy and the town is overrun by more people than the town has.The High Sierra Music Festival lasts for about three days on July 4th weekend everyone seems to have a great time If I have to pay full price for tickets I don't go you must enjoy them a lot to come that far.
Scoped that out it looks cool but tickets are steepish $165.oo bucks. May be worth it though when the line-up is announced, so far only Ween.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I went to the first 5. I only lived 12 miles from where it is put on. It is definitely an "experience". Being from small town, middle TN all my life, we weren't expecting the turnout that it produced. The entire county has a population of around 30K, but for a week in June every year it soars to over 150K. You will see a little of everything there and it is most definitely on my list for stuff I urge everyone to try at least once.

On a side note, the first year we went it took us 9 hrs to drive the 12 miles to get there because of traffic. We partied all night long on a 5 lane state highway. Eventually we got there at 3am and got camp set up right as the sun rose over the 600 acres. Its usually 100 degrees every day so sleeping in a tent is out unless you want to cook yourself.

I've seen everyone from Snoop to Yonder Mountain String Band with everything in between. It is a great festival and I encourage you to try to attend.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I went to the first 5. I only lived 12 miles from where it is put on. It is definitely an "experience". Being from small town, middle TN all my life, we weren't expecting the turnout that it produced. The entire county has a population of around 30K, but for a week in June every year it soars to over 150K. You will see a little of everything there and it is most definitely on my list for stuff I urge everyone to try at least once.

On a side note, the first year we went it took us 9 hrs to drive the 12 miles to get there because of traffic. We partied all night long on a 5 lane state highway. Eventually we got there at 3am and got camp set up right as the sun rose over the 600 acres. Its usually 100 degrees every day so sleeping in a tent is out unless you want to cook yourself.

I've seen everyone from Snoop to Yonder Mountain String Band with everything in between. It is a great festival and I encourage you to try to attend.
Everything you just conveyed was just exactly right. I am going with the best girl in Tennessee, its confirmed.

Ok so Bonnaroo is locked, 2nd fest will be a tough pick cause the fish will be running up here.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I just dug out my old t shirts and I have one from 2004 with the bands listed on the back. Here's a short list:

The Dead
Dave Matthews Band
Bob Dylan
Primus
Wilco
String Cheese Incident
Ani DiFranco
moe
Gov't Mule
Ween
Yonder Mountain String Band
North Mississippi Allstars
Jazz Mandolin Project
Kings of Leon
Chris Robinson and New Earth Mud
Maroon 5
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Hackensaw Boys

This is just a partial list from then. I can get more. I have friends that have been every year since day one. I stopped going when I got married and had kids, but I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wouldn't cause WWIII.

As long as you have an open mind and dont mind the crowd it will be the experience of a lifetime.

Water, water, water is the most important thing to remember. After that, Gold Bond powder...

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My favorite t shirt ever

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just dug out my old t shirts and I have one from 2004 with the bands listed on the back. Here's a short list:

The Dead
Dave Matthews Band
Bob Dylan
Primus
Wilco
String Cheese Incident
Ani DiFranco
moe
Gov't Mule
Ween
Yonder Mountain String Band
North Mississippi Allstars
Jazz Mandolin Project
Kings of Leon
Chris Robinson and New Earth Mud
Maroon 5
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Hackensaw Boys

This is just a partial list from then. I can get more. I have friends that have been every year since day one. I stopped going when I got married and had kids, but I'd be there in a heartbeat if it wouldn't cause WWIII.

As long as you have an open mind and dont mind the crowd it will be the experience of a lifetime.

Water, water, water is the most important thing to remember. After that, Gold Bond powder...
That is the sweetest line-up ever. You should post a pic of that shirt. But yea I am open and we plan on rollin around in the muck and whatever for the full run, tent city and yea she said WATER!!!:icon_thumby:

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
This year's lineup has been announced.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This year's lineup has been announced.
Yea I saw a was loggin on about every hour and YES!!!!! String cheese, Widespread, Robert plant dam this is going to be my best festival ever I believe. Thanks for posting up too, Its cool to hear from those that have been to it.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've attempted to go for the past five years but something always gets in the way... Maybe I'll make it this year...

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've attempted to go for the past five years but something always gets in the way... Maybe I'll make it this year...
That would be cool, I was secretly hoping The Dead, RatDog or Phish would be there too but oooooooh well.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Here is the line-up for Bonnaroo 2011 :headbang:

Eminem
Arcade Fire
Widespread Panic
The Black Keys
Buffalo Springfield feat Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale
My Morning Jacket
Lil Wayne
String Cheese Incident
Robert Plant & Band of Joy
Mumford & Sons
The Strokes
The Decemberists
Ray Lamontagne
Bassnectar
Iron & Wine
Girl Talk
Primus
Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Pretty Lights
Florence + the Machine
SuperJam with Dan Auerbach and Dr. John
Explosions In The Sky
STS9
Gogol Bordello
Beirut
Big Boi
Scissor Sisters
Gregg Allman
Ratatat
Global Gypsy Punk Revue curated by Eugene Hütz
Robyn
Warren Haynes Band
Deerhunter
Opeth
Atmosphere
Old Crow Medicine Show
Bootsy Collins & the Funk University
Wiz Khalifa
Matt & Kim
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
The Del McCoury Band & the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Mavis Staples
Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
Chiddy Bang
Jovanotti
Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers
Loretta Lynn
Cold War Kids
The Walkmen
Devotchka
Wanda Jackson
Neon Trees
Portugal. The Man
Sleigh Bells
Amos Lee
Best Coast
Dãm-Funk & Master Blazter
The Sword
The Drums
The Black Angels
School of Seven Bells
J. Cole
Nicole Atkins & the Black Sea
Wavves
!!!
Junip
Freelance Whales
Justin Townes Earle
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
Deer Tick
Band of Skulls
Sharon Van Etten
Abigail Washburn
Omar Souleyman
Twin Shadow
Kylesa
Man Man
The Low Anthem
Alberta Cross
Railroad Earth
Jessica Lea Mayfield
Smith Westerns
The Head and the Heart
Karen Elson
Beats Antique
22-20s
Phosphorescent
Clare Maguire
Hayes Carll

Be fun living through this, coming from Alaska will probably die of a heat stroke.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals