• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body mount/bushing replacement

CheapRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OK, So I was given a second vehicle, that I plan on selling. Half the people I know say keep it, and the other half want to buy it.:rolleyes:

Getting back to my Ranger (daily driver until the shackle bracket broke)

So I asked and am planning the shackle and bracket replacement, and am thinking now is the time to also replace the body mount bushings with some poly ones. I know the cab doesn't need to be removed (already replaced one rusted cab mount), but does the radiator core support? I am hoping to just be able to jack it up, remove and replace.

Also, was looking at the bushings from the Suspension connection, anyone used them?

Thanks all

CheapRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
The rad core support is part of the body in 94-2001 rangers (those are the ones I know of, possibly other years). you shouldn't have to mess with them. You may have problems removing the bushings/sleeves from the old mounts.
Use P'blaster on the mounts every day for a week before you start wrenching. Soak them good, especially if you can spray them from the top to loosen the rust.
After you remove the bolt, put it in from the bottom (to protect the threads), get a long punch, and hammer the bolt through the sleeve from the top side to separate the halves.
The front mounts (each side of the radiator) have a lock nut on the bottom of the old bushings.

P'blaster (and a long breaker bar) are your friends on the mount bolts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals