• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body Lift

jeepxj2007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Why are the body lift kits so much compared to just buying the body lift blocks individually and buying the hardware? I have several industrial fastener supply stores by me, who usually sell to large chemical companies around here and other industries, but have high quality hard to find and common fasteners. I can get all the needed bolts, gr 8, or if they are metric 10.8, washers, for under 15, and I can get the body pucks for 2.50 a piece...what else would I need, I don't want nothing stupidly large like a 3" I want a 2" or less, preferably just a 1" is there anything wrong with cutting a 2" down to 1" if that is all I can find? Is there anything else I am forgetting, I don't see why the kits need to be $100+ when I can get the same stuff for much less. Also do the factory body bushings need to go back in, or be left out when I add the lift blocks? I think it looks ugly, and I bought a ranger with the body lift and they are still in, and it looks retarded to me, but I didn't know if they did it to cushion the cab some.

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah you have to leave the cab bushings in. when i did my 1 inch body lift for 43$ and i replaced my cab bushings with polyurethane ones from summit while i had it apart and it was a huge improvement in ride quality and they only cost 60$ for the whole set

jeepxj2007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking of getting the poly ones also, I seen they weren't too expensive. My rubber ones are all cracked, might as well change them when I do the new mounts and b.l.

Beefy'sB2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know what size bolts i would need to do a 2" BL by putting it together myself? or any information about relocating the bumpers, steering extensions, and shifter extensions? Maybe not needed if only 2" any help would be appreciated. thanks

REDRUM

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
This one inch body lift sounds good to me. Does anybody have the bolt sizes/lengths needed for this?

There was a thread on this before, but i couldn't find it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals