• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blu Rhino (gf named her)

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Cool build man!! Check out rebelwire.com for your wiring kit too. Painless prices are pretty scary. :beer:
I got the 9+3 kit on order, apparently the lack of fuses makes for a truck that is very finicky....oops lol.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
as for that spring i used did it all in the truck. loosen with a wrench then got a deep socket and a long extension and go down inside the spring.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
More work done on the front end. Got the rivets cut of on the stock mount and the new ones mounted up.

I had to drill a hole in the frame for this bolt ( drivers side traction beam mount)

New Radius arm mounts:

New transmission mount:

Here is where I have another issue. The transmission wont line up with the new mount, as you can see in the pic its offset (too much to push the transmission over) If I put the crossmember in the other way the mount holes line up side to side but then its way too far aft. Could the mount have been manufactured wrong or am I just missing something?

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
BII lewks gud man!!!!

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
OK so I finally had some time to work on her today, and well I got the front end mostly finished She is sittin on all four wheels now, Just need to put the new brake lines on, and finish up puttin the beltechs on the rear.
Currently she sits 37.5 floor to fender in the front and 35 in the back. Im think the belltechs will level her out pretty decently!
Heres some pix:

Clearances without doin an alignment and stock tires:

So after I throw everything back together I get ready to put the radius arms in and WTH...I have to take the old mount out...the instructions never said anything about that.,...or I was to drunk to read it right lol...

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Tomorrow Im gonna work on the new rebel wire wiring harness, Hopefully I can get it installed in a day or two

Last edited:

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Alrighty So I got all the interior out so I have room to place wires, I think ima rhino line the inside to while im at it...I mean why put everything back in just to take it right back out and line it! Wires are routed and just need to start makin connections...thats the hard part lol. I took a couple more pix minus the 200ish pounds of stuff I had in the rear for ballast.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Worked on her again today, got all the main wiring done. Blinkers arnt working, gonna call rebel wire on monday and talk to him. Broke on of the soldering tips, went out to get a new one at the local sears that is closing at the end of the month and went ahead and picked up a more powerful soldering iron, which worked awesome for the rest of the job! I got the last wire hooked up and threw in the battery and: "put put, cough cough...vaaAAROOOMM!! Woot she woke up from her couple month nap! I am so glad I replaced the wiring harness, now I wont have to worry about electrical gremlins plaguing the system! Heres a couple pix of the soldering I did:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
looks good except that id think its gonna be confusing changing wire colors halfway thought the wire...

(ask me how i know my wires change colors like 7 times haha)

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Lol....well the rebel wire kit dosent include ground wires, so all the unmarked red wires are actually grounds HAHA...I didnt have enough black wire, it will confuse people...its fun lol

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
I got tired of beIng confused so now if I don't have black wire I wrap it in electrcal tape haha

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
WOOOT I took her for a little test drive today....got a few flex pix...shes not road ready by no means...but I just had to give myself a little boost and play with her!!

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when did skyjacker change the look of their radius arms. I like the old ones better!

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
ITs been a while and I have been workin on other projects, the raptor 700 mainly. But i just picked up a 302 hooked up to an AOD for 200 bones, the tranny will prob be up for sale soon, gotta do a lil research to see what i want to ask for it. Im goin with a 5 speed for the swap. The fenders are in process of being trimmed, gonna wait on the plasma cutter to arrive b4 I finish em. I have the 35's courser MT's waiting to put on after I pull it outa the garage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals