• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blower issue

sean92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey all,

My blower motor in my 2008 Ranger stopped working. I replaced the fan and resistor, and it was working fine. During the repair, there was corrosion on the connector to the resistor and was poor contact...but good enough I felt, as a new connector would need soldering, and none were available locally.

The air stopped working again, a few weeks later, and now, I have cut the old one off, and soldered a new one on. I'm decent with electronics, so soldering wasn't difficult. After connecting everything, I still have no fan, and I'm kind of at a loss of what I have to do now to fix it.

Any ideas?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Since you are decent with electronics, all you need are the schematics correct? It would really be a breath of fresh air to run across someone that is not afraid to figure out the wiring diagrams . Here they are for your blower motor.

Attachments

sean92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Since you are decent with electronics, all you need are the schematics correct? It would really be a breath of fresh air to run across someone that is not afraid to figure out the wiring diagrams . Here they are for your blower motor.
I just tried something I should have tried first, the motor. Connected a lipo pack to it, 14.8V, not enough to be too much for the motor. I didn't even see a spark when I touched the leads to the connector, not the faintest sign of like. So...my new motor died in a matter of weeks. I wonder if the bad connector for the resistor did it, perhaps causing fluctuations in current.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I just tried something I should have tried first, the motor. Connected a lipo pack to it, 14.8V, not enough to be too much for the motor. I didn't even see a spark when I touched the leads to the connector, not the faintest sign of like. So...my new motor died in a matter of weeks. I wonder if the bad connector for the resistor did it, perhaps causing fluctuations in current.
Cheap China junk most likely. It should have a warranty? So you can go get another piece of junk? But what do you do?

sean92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Cheap China junk most likely. It should have a warranty? So you can go get another piece of junk? But what do you do?
I don't think there still is, my truck has been sitting a while. Where I am, I don't need a vehicle to get to work or to the store.

I guess these things aren't very good quality.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Unless its Motorcraft, or AC-delco, the parts were never tested before being shipped, labor to test parts is too expensive, even over-seas

Motorcraft parts are tested, Ford requires it, which is why they are so expensive, can be 3 or 4 times the price of a 3rd party part
Its cheaper in the long run for Ford to pay upfront for parts to be tested than to pay a dealer to replace a failed part, and of course owners dissatisfaction

I am sure "corners are cut" when a manufacturer knows they will not need to test parts just ship them out and let buyer "test it" and then replace it "under warranty" if it fails
In the case of a blower motor, which is easy enough to swap out, I would stick with the cheaper part, even if its out of warranty, they will not all be bad, for sure

In the case of fuel pumps..............motorcraft all the way, too big of a pain to swap out, lol

Burnsy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Was the motor the problem ? I wish people would post thru to the end of their experience

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals