• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BII tank in ranger

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Sounds like tank #2 from a dual tank setup. Though I'm wondering where the spare tire goes.
thats the least of my worries! I took mine out 4 years ago and from then on it was in the bed. Makes it alot easier to maintain it.

IIRC, the original dual tank Rangers had a tire mount inside the bed.

FWIW, BII tanks hold 23 gallons, as opposed to the smaller Ranger rear tanks (I want to say those are 19.5), thus why it's taller.:icon_cheers:
I wish, its more like 14 gallons

yeah that is pretty low, like I said I'll just stick with the ranger tank and figure out somethin to do with the front x member. just to confirm, I can use my original fuel pump in the smaller tank correct? I know I'll have to mod the float on the sending unit, I'm just curious about the pump.
If you can get the proper sending unit for the tank, its not hard to mount the correct pump on it. I suggest doing it this way. I did mine the same was 281ranger did. Just took the original sending unit, remove the old 1st gen pump, trimmed the tube a bit, and put on a newer pump with some 3/8" rubber fuel line.

281Ranger

September STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 dohc
Transmission
Automatic
Aux. tank assembly with the Mark VIII fuel pump and float/sending unit.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is there a reason you used the mark 8 pump? why couldn't I use my pump (from the tank I have now) and shorten it by means of the 3/8" rubber hose?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals