• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bent beams with cast beams?

prerunin554

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
to "bend" them you "bend" them. if you make a pie cut that would be called a "cut and turn".
no you only cut and turn 4x4 beams other wise you pie cut it
you can bend cast beams. and when i say bend, this is the definition i am using:

bend
1   /bɛnd/ Show Spelled [bend] Show IPA verb,bent or (Archaic) bend·ed; bend·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
to force (an object, esp. a long or thin one) from a straight form into a curved or angular one, or from a curved or angular form into some different form: to bend an iron rod into a hoop.
to direct or turn in a particular direction: to bend one's energies to the task.
to cause to submit or yield: to bend someone to one's will.
to modify or relax (restrictions, regulations, etc.) temporarily or in certain circumstances: to bend the rules.
to incline mentally (usually fol. by to or toward): bending his thoughts back toward his childhood.
to pull back the string of (a bow or the like) in preparation for shooting.
Nautical. to fasten.
Archaic. to strain or brace tensely (often fol. by up).
–verb (used without object)
to become curved, crooked, or bent: a bow that bends easily.
to assume a bent posture; stoop (often fol. by over): to bend as one walks; to bend over and pick up something.
to turn or incline in a particular direction; be directed: The road bent toward the south.
to yield or submit; give in.
to bow in submission or reverence: bending to one's monarch.
to direct one's energies: We bent to our work as the bell sounded.
–noun
the act of bending.
something that bends; curve; crook: a bend in the road; a bend in the curtain rod.

there is absolutely no cutting involved.

freeride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you can bend cast beams. and when i say bend, this is the definition i am using:

bend
1   /bɛnd/ Show Spelled [bend] Show IPA verb,bent or (Archaic) bend·ed; bend·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
to force (an object, esp. a long or thin one) from a straight form into a curved or angular one, or from a curved or angular form into some different form: to bend an iron rod into a hoop.
to direct or turn in a particular direction: to bend one's energies to the task.
to cause to submit or yield: to bend someone to one's will.
to modify or relax (restrictions, regulations, etc.) temporarily or in certain circumstances: to bend the rules.
to incline mentally (usually fol. by to or toward): bending his thoughts back toward his childhood.
to pull back the string of (a bow or the like) in preparation for shooting.
Nautical. to fasten.
Archaic. to strain or brace tensely (often fol. by up).
–verb (used without object)
to become curved, crooked, or bent: a bow that bends easily.
to assume a bent posture; stoop (often fol. by over): to bend as one walks; to bend over and pick up something.
to turn or incline in a particular direction; be directed: The road bent toward the south.
to yield or submit; give in.
to bow in submission or reverence: bending to one's monarch.
to direct one's energies: We bent to our work as the bell sounded.
–noun
the act of bending.
something that bends; curve; crook: a bend in the road; a bend in the curtain rod.

there is absolutely no cutting involved.
what? no pie cut? you must be talking about the lead beams

cbsremix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
little 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Forged beams come off I think 83-87... your better off taking a trip down to the junk yard look right on the beam it will tell you cast beams say right on them " do not cut or heat" A set of beams are only like 90 bucks. good luck

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
no you only cut and turn 4x4 beams other wise you pie cut it

This is a perfect example on how not to extend beams. This under engineered design has come though my shop way to many times for an upgrade and Fiberglass and frame repairs. Dangerous as hell!!!!!!!

Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
sorry for bumping a 2010 thread but its better than starting a new one,

how it it dangerous to basically cut and extend them? I was going to get some beams and do that can you please explain?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals