• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Been busy................

THE H.P FREAK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L (245c.i)
Transmission
Automatic
HI!... I haven't posted in awhile. Been too busy with the new job.

Anyways I've been modding the "Danger Ranger" for the last few weeks. I've installed :

- Hellwig rear sway bar.
- custom fabricated chrome moly pan hard bar.
- lowered the rear another inch.
- custom S/S Magnaflow catback system.
- had a custom HD steel driveshaft built.
- had the entire driver's side painted along with the roof.
- had a set of new 5 spoke rims widened to 15" X 10.5".
- mounted Nitto 555R - 325/50/R-15 extreme drag radials on them.
- H&R 1 inch wheel spacers.
- bought two Centerline Convo-Pro 15" X 4" skinny wheels.
- mounted M&H skinny radials on them.
- redid my nitrous set-up. Running a 75H.P shot now. Still need a re-tune from Mike Troyer

End of October the 5R55-E trans will be coming out and going to Worldwide Transmissions to be race built by Gary Sr.

I just ordered a custom high stall converter from TCS.

Just bought a new STX grille. Truck will be going back in for paint soon to get the grille, rollpan and tailgate painted. The tailgate will be getting de-badged and the handle with be body coloured.

It won't be ready by the time the dragstrips close here for winter, but I'm shooting for high 12's in the spring.

Here's a few pics :

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
like to see those 1/4 mile numbers, would like to see vids.

Couple things though...not a huge fan of that panhard bar in single shear, would prefer it in double shear.

And why not narrow the fronts instead of other wheels? not a fan of mis-matched wheels front-rear.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Years ago a lot of us ran the huge meat/wide wheels on the rear and the skinny wheels/skinny tire combo up front. We cruised to the local drive-in eateries (Steak & Shake etc). This was a real fad and the cars were Pro Stock street legal cars. &H Race Master street legal slicks on the rear were so cool. Great for showing off the power burns and the fast 0-60 performance. The people on the beaches loved us and the late night drag races were fun and safe. But.....try cornering a car or a truck with that look and you would either crash or die!!! Cruising is cool, but with that wheel combo that is all you can do.

If he is building one for cruising than that is cool. Just don't try to go to fast in any turns, Bro!!!!

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Nice work, keep it up!

What else are you thinking for power upgrades?

Pete

THE H.P FREAK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L (245c.i)
Transmission
Automatic
Years ago a lot of us ran the huge meat/wide wheels on the rear and the skinny wheels/skinny tire combo up front. We cruised to the local drive-in eateries (Steak & Shake etc). This was a real fad and the cars were Pro Stock street legal cars. &H Race Master street legal slicks on the rear were so cool. Great for showing off the power burns and the fast 0-60 performance. The people on the beaches loved us and the late night drag races were fun and safe. But.....try cornering a car or a truck with that look and you would either crash or die!!! Cruising is cool, but with that wheel combo that is all you can do.

If he is building one for cruising than that is cool. Just don't try to go to fast in any turns, Bro!!!!

HI!... Well the truck is set up for the dragstrip and handling on the street. It out handles most sports cars I play with or holds it's own. It surprises quite a few. The skinnies up front are only used for the dragstrip mostly and the occasional organized street encounter on the weekends. :)
The 325's out back handle great. The truck is lowered 6 inches in the rear, 3 inches up front, has a HELLWIG rear sway bar, and custom built panhard bar.

THE H.P FREAK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L (245c.i)
Transmission
Automatic
like to see those 1/4 mile numbers, would like to see vids.

Couple things though...not a huge fan of that panhard bar in single shear, would prefer it in double shear.

And why not narrow the fronts instead of other wheels? not a fan of mis-matched wheels front-rear.
HI!... I have built many vehicles with a single shear panhard bar set-up. Never had a issue with any of them. They have all performed very well. In my 4-link set-ups I like to use a wishbone style set-up. As for the front rims, the Centerline Conv-pro's I already had, and match up pretty well with the over all appearance of the truck. They are only used at the dragstrip and the occasional organized late night encounter. :) I tried to get the stock front rims narrowed but due to the tapered internal design of the rim itself it was impossible. Was a bit disappointed.

As for the proof the the times, here is the timeslips and the only vid I have is a run of a 13.99 run.

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
timeslips look good man decent times for a ranger. Your 60 foot times seem off though (kind of slow)...are you spinning? maybe your new trans will help you out with that?

THE H.P FREAK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L (245c.i)
Transmission
Automatic
timeslips look good man decent times for a ranger. Your 60 foot times seem off though (kind of slow)...are you spinning? maybe your new trans will help you out with that?
HI!... Stock converter is hurting the truck's 60FT times currently. Also had old 275/60/R-15 drag radials on it on those runs. They were spinning a bit. Hoping to get down to 1.7 60FT's once the new trans/converter is in with the larger 315 slicks I have.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
HI!... Stock converter is hurting the truck's 60FT times currently. Also had old 275/60/R-15 drag radials on it on those runs. They were spinning a bit. Hoping to get down to 1.7 60FT's once the new trans/converter is in with the larger 315 slicks I have.
Higher stall?

What axle gear are you running?

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
pretty sweet. looks like a hell of a sleeper with those widened rear wheels. ive been to st. thomas quite a few times, i grew up in hamilton and we went as much as we could.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good looking build.
I'm wondering, why not watts' link instead of panhard. Wouldn't that get rid of some sideways movement when the rear moves up and down?

Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals