• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bass heads, need some help.

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I need to add some bump to my DD F250. I want the box to fit under the rear bench seat, which leaves me with a lot of restrictions. Im limited to about .70 of air space and a sub with a mounting depth of no more than 5". I know with what I have Im not going to be winning any SPL contests, but I like my music loud and clear. I cant decide on either running two 8's or a single 10. I want the loudest, clearest set up I can get. Im open to any and all suggestions.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
An 8" sub will fit better in the space you mentioned, and if you get a good quality sub and amp it will still hit hard and sound great

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i would look around for a 10 that will fit your needs. dont forget to take into account the enclosure thickness when checking how much mounting depth you can get away with.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
or maybe a pair of re audio re8's or some image dynamics id8's

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I believe MTX makes a moulded box for that application.
Should allow you 2 10" subs of your choice with alot more box volume than a cubic foot.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/thunderform.cfm
I've been considering that set up but I have a few problems with it. The MTX 4500 subs they come with are JUNK. So not only would I be shelling out $$ for the enclosure but then tossing the subs and spendng $$ on others subs. The other thing is that with the entire underneath of the bench taken up like that, I have no where to mount an amp thats out of the way. It wont fit under the front seats and im not going to just lay it on the floor in the back.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've been considering that set up but I have a few problems with it. The MTX 4500 subs they come with are JUNK. So not only would I be shelling out $$ for the enclosure but then tossing the subs and spendng $$ on others subs. The other thing is that with the entire underneath of the bench taken up like that, I have no where to mount an amp thats out of the way. It wont fit under the front seats and im not going to just lay it on the floor in the back.
one mount the amp under the drivers seat or passenger seat. and two your right mxt sucks but use them till they blow then replace them.

orrrrrr jl audio makes 10w0 that runs real low in the CUft department.

as far as 8'' or 10'' you need to think about the sound your looking for. 8 will punch but there not the best for all around bass sound. i would go with a 10''

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I have two Memphis s class 10" subs in my reg cab ranger. They have less than 3 inch mounting depth and they only require .30 cubic feet. I have two in a home made .93 and they sound awesome. I highly recomend them. They appear a bit pricy at first but if you look around you can get them for a decent price. I found them for 260 then I called around the local shops and found them for 150.

-plumcrazy

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I looked into those when i was trying to find subs. If I remember right they were over 400 a peice.

-plumcrazy

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have two Memphis s class 10" subs in my reg cab ranger. They have less than 3 inch mounting depth and they only require .30 cubic feet. I have two in a home made .93 and they sound awesome. I highly recomend them. They appear a bit pricy at first but if you look around you can get them for a decent price. I found them for 260 then I called around the local shops and found them for 150.

-plumcrazy
ive been looking into one of those for my truck. theyre only $160 at woofersetc.com

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
There are no authorized online Memphis dealers. If you look on Memphis's website they make it pretty clear that if you buy it online they won't honor any warranties. I found them on woofersetc when I was first looking for them. I emailed Memphis to ask if their policy for online dealers was still in play and they said it was indeed. Plus shipping was going to be like 50 bucks I think.

-plumcrazy

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There are no authorized online Memphis dealers. If you look on Memphis's website they make it pretty clear that if you buy it online they won't honor any warranties. I found them on woofersetc when I was first looking for them. I emailed Memphis to ask if their policy for online dealers was still in play and they said it was indeed. Plus shipping was going to be like 50 bucks I think.

-plumcrazy
shipping is free on those s-class subs at woofersetc.com. so how do you like those subs?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals