• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B3200 PreRunner Build.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Got some work done....
Front bumper is 99% done. Just need to bolt on my 2 Hella 500's and make my carbon fiber skid plate. I think for my first bumper is came out nice. I really like the fact that its a bolt on bumper. It made it very nice to powder coat it.

The rear bumper is next. Then after that its on to making the "prerunner" style "tire gate". Shouldn't be too hard compared to the front ether.

More soon...

~Shawn

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Just installed my 2 Hella 500s. I may.... add a 3rd light. I made the mount so if i ever want to add one.

Also started on my Carbon Fiber skidd plate, should have it knock out pretty quick. Also i was going to install the "stone shields" but they stand out too much, looks like they need to be made out of carbon.... :)

~Shawn

mazd02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Its looking good. you inspired me to do some thin similar with my truck.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
nice fab work! :icon_welder:

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
OK, small update.

We have been quite busy lately... people love carbon fiber, but i had a few seconds to work on the truck. Iv been wanting to taper the end of my bed sides. Here is what i did, so some of you that may want to cut there beds know what there looking at.

First i taped up how i wanted to cut my bed. The tape is an excellent guide for a straight line and wont let the paint chip off when you use your cutting wheel.

Next i cut the supports on the inside of the bed, so when i made my cut on the exterior of the bed so it would fall right off.

Then i took a flat bar i had laying around clamped it to the bed. I clamped it at the same angle as my desired line i want to cut. This will insured that no "mishaps" would happen and id have a perfect cut. I didnt take a pic of this step on the left side so i took a pic of when i did it on the right side. You get the idea.

So i cut the section off of the bed. You will notice the inner support still attached.

All done. I cut the support out. I then took my DA sander and cleaned up the sharp edges. Then took some clear coat and sprayed just the edges to make sure it wouldn't rust up on me. I plan to paint the truck in the near future. I think it looks good. If i have time i will start my rear bumper this week. I also ordered my Derlin bushings, sleeves, spacers, and radius tabs to make the hinge for my tire gate im going to build.

So i was searching on RPS (RangerPowerSports) in the 2.3L engine tech area and found a pretty cool mod! Took 5min and works great. I was not aware, but the Ranger has a HUGE problem with the throttle cable stretching over time, so you never really notice the power loss. Basically the cable stretches out so you never have wide open throttle. My cable was stretch about 1 1/4"!!!! I did the mod to fix it and i figured i was loosing about 20-25% of throttle opening. What a HUGE difference! I knew the 2.3 was a dog... but man she has some skoot now....
Here is the link... If you havent done it... DO IT!!!
http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159533

More soon
~Shawn

bull90

Canadian Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
can we get a closer look to the rear end? i want to do this to my truck but im too chicken to do it.

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Just a straight on shot from the back? Im getting rid of my tail gate and im going to build a spare tire carrier/swing gate. "TireGate" make one, but im going to build my own. Im also going to make a prerunner style rear bumper so it going to look different eventually. just let me know if you need any cretin picture angles.

~Shawn

bull90

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
right from the back. and a closer look slightly off that angle soo i can see the difference from the tail gate to the fender

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Will do tomorrow, the bed sides sit about 1 3/4" lower than the tale gate. Reason being is my bumper that im going to build will sit level on the bed sides. I also took my OEM spare tire carrier off and OEM rear bumper for good. One thing i didnt mention is your exhaust will look* like its sitting very low with cut bed sides. I cut the exhaust right after the muffler turns it down right past the axel. Sounds stock (which i like) and looks clean.

~Shawn

bull90

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
not a problem i have my exhaust coming out infront of the tire..

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Man Shawn I missed a lot. It looks real good so far, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm looking forward to seeing these CF goodies:D

mongo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey buddy amazing form i love this allready

Shawn@BMS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
can we get a closer look to the rear end? i want to do this to my truck but im too chicken to do it.
Sorry for the wait....
Hope these pics help.... please excuse the messy under carriage and dented tail gate (soon to be replaced).... its much cleaner and i have new shocks to install once i figure out what i want to do with my leaf set up. Im thinking i weaving in a Explorer leap pack to my OEM pack.

Should look even better once i build my bumper and tire gate. Iv been slacking on the build, just busy with work (i guess thats a good thing right now).

~Shawn

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Hey Shawn, how goes buddy? Done any CF work yet?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals