• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Audible Odyssey's 99 Facelift

Audible_Odyssey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6 Cyl. 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
So after a long day of torching, cutting, grinding and welding, I finally finished the face lift on my truck. If you haven't seen my bumper how it was.........................take a look.

A little saggy if you ask me. So I decided that I needed to change it up a bit. So using the same basic concept of my "saggy" bumper, I refined the design and look of it.

Ok, So first off we had to remove my two KC's

Then we began cutting the light supports and the braces holding up the bumper. Which wasnt much by the way (Too much alcohol when I first built it. Which is probably the main cause of the saggyness.)

Removed the bumper.

After that, we had to cut the frame another inch for more room to play with, to mount it straight.

Then we welded plates on the end of the frame to build off of. Then began to weld angle iron from one side of the frame to the other as the bracket.

Once we added that bracket, we began welding the bumper back on after we grinded down the old welds on it.

After we welded all the way across the bottom of the bumper on the bottom to the angle iron, we began welding on supports from the frame to the back of the bumper.

After we were all finished up with that, we cut pieces of angle iron 2" wide for the KC mounts. Positioned them properly then welded them on.
Once everything was all done, we went ahead and painted it flat black, instead of the gloss black.(personal choice)

Thats about it. Ofcourse there was much more work and issues than I have mentioned on here, but I decided I wanted to make this thread a little more brief and interesting.
Oh, and I didn't mention that one of my buddies was a jacka$$ and was cutting the braces from the frame to the bumper and sliced his arm open. Haha! Oh, and I didn't mention that I added two more KC's.
Now onto the end result.

Heres a few pics of what it looked like before....

And of course the one I posted at the beginning of the thread....

And what it looks like now......

Thanks for checkin' out my thread, and feel free to express your opinion!:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It's nice but how come it's so clean and shiny

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking the same thing. It needs to be a lot dirtier. Run it through a mudhole a couple times and then take some pictures.

Audible_Odyssey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6 Cyl. 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys.

I was thinking the same thing. It needs to be a lot dirtier. Run it through a mudhole a couple times and then take some pictures.
Haha! No Doubt, But I had to have it clean for at least a photo shoot! Plus, No mud around here. Once there is though, I will go out and play, and post some pics.:icon_thumby:

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think it looks better, but maybe it is just me, but it still looks like it is leaning back on ya. Unless you did that on purpose...The lights look nice, sharp truck non the less!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice looking ride, but i agree with mike on the bumper. it definitely doesnt sag to the left anymore, but it does lean back alot. also i was wondering if you bolted the bumper to the frame via brackets or if you welded it? keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing a custom rear bumper on this thing!

Audible_Odyssey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6 Cyl. 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
I think it looks better, but maybe it is just me, but it still looks like it is leaning back on ya. Unless you did that on purpose...The lights look nice, sharp truck non the less!
Yeah, it leans back still, but thats the way I wanted it. Especially for when I get better fenders. Thanks!
Nice looking ride, but i agree with mike on the bumper. it definitely doesnt sag to the left anymore, but it does lean back alot. also i was wondering if you bolted the bumper to the frame via brackets or if you welded it? keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing a custom rear bumper on this thing!
I welded it on. :) yeah, the rear bumper with a spare tire mount is my next project. :icon_thumby: Thanks for the comments.

RDR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
damn, thats how i want mine to look! bad ass man!!

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
are you up on the west side or RR?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals