• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

atv

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i was wondering if anyone on here has done any repair work on atv's?

i bought a 1994 yamaha timberwolf at a yardsale this fall for $75.00 it had a snowplow that my step dad wanted to replace the ine he trashed when he droped a tree on it...{don't ask}.. what i've found out about this thing is that the previous owner said that it did run and it had a problem in the rearend??
so i put a new spark plug in it and some fresh gas and found the battery was junk..gee what a suprise... anyhow it runs like a champ and drives around the yard perfict on the front axle..this is a 4x4, upon looking at this thing the rear drive shaft is turning in gear but the rear axle isn't engaging?

my question is has anyone ever had one apart and how hard is it to work on? with only having $75 bucks and an hour's time draging it home i don't want to put alot of money in it but would like to have it so my girlfriend could ride with me on it or on my 400ex and i could ride this one,,

any help or advice would be a big help:D

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sounds like the diff blew. your rear end should be locked at all times like a spool so if no tires turn in 2wd drive thats what i would look at. for seventy five bucks i would just tear into the rear end. not like you spent 2 grand on it

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the splines are toast on the axel and gear anyone think i could just weld it without destroying anything?

bullardbs

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cant hurt to try it should work if you run a weld all the way around he axle and if not put it up for sale on ebay am make some money as it is

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah try it. make sure the welds wont interfear with anything and weld her up!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals