• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

At the track with my 2.3

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
sweet man that'd be really cool. have you got the tuner yet?

NomadRider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The shorter tires would be better for the strip as they will have the same effect as a lower gear. You might find some minimal gains from running without any extra weight. Low fuel load, drop the spare, the jack and any extras that wont help you down the strip. It depends on how far you wanna take it. I used to ride to work with a neighbor who woud put a 2nd seat in his mustang through the week so I had a place to sit. That car was gutted. No dash pad, carpet, door, skins inner fenders, radio etc. If it wasn't needed to race his car didn't have it.

birdmanslopy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
drain your tank to about 3 gallons left of fuel, make a half gallon around 100 octane or less if the track sells it.
any tire you have that is low profile or say all terrains, dont bother doing a burn out.
air your front tires up ALOT and lower the back a little like say 25 rear psi 50 psi front , less tire touching the ground faster top end, kinda a poor man skinny. and the front end air up raises it so when the back squats a little it might hook better.
the compounds on the stock tires or even tires for 18s wont make you hook any better at the track burning em, so i wouldnt even bother there, stay away from the water box unless you want to look cool burning one tire.
if you go to jegs or somewhere you can buy yourself a 23 to 25 inch tall drag radial or even slick for it (which you could burn out to make it sticky to grab)
and use that if you wanted to dump the clutch at 5 or 6 grand.
for the people that would think that doing that is bad actually slicks ran low is drivetrain savers because the tires give a little (wrinkle) before they grab.

another thing i learned that works for some reason is if you go to the staging lane and quickly put it in reverse engage the clutch and quickly power brake in reverse then put it back in gear at the light it makes it launch in 2 wheel peel till 2nd gear.
always works for me

as for the launch, dont dump the clutch!! never do that unless you want bad 60 fts. rev the motor to about 3500 rpms and let the clutch out till it grabs barely then push is back till it disengages then when the light hits let it out slow and mash the gas to the floor and that gets your 60 better. kinda like slipping.

you put so much torture on dumping the clutch and if you get wheel hop bad say bye bye to the rear end or transmission.

my 94 ranger almost at 200k miles 5 speed ran 15.6 quarter mile on a gallon of straight 110 octane, m/t slicks and a open air filter and unbolted exhaust from the cat, and a 20 pill of nitrious (make for streetbikes but i used it :p )

another thing in drag racing is the 1 2 shift that usually gets a better time somewhat also, its bad to do it with a m5r1 but i hold the gas to the floor and just keep pushing the clutch and changing gears, but you gotta do it fast or youll bounch off the rev limiter
she still runs great, (dont recomend that though)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals