• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone use ebay parts?

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've used ebay for some parts before,some body parts,interior,etc,but never for anything else.I need some front end parts(upper control arms and a wheel bearing)

I know the old saying you get what you pay for,but has anyone had good experiences with ebay parts?

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ebay can be fine if you are getting something from an auto recycler or someone like that. I probably wouldn't get Chinese made suspension, but a junkyard part is probably fine. My spare is on an rim from an auto recycler through ebay

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm a huge online shopper when it comes to auto parts. If you search long enough and you do your research you can find damn good deals on new parts good quality parts, and get free shipping. But don't get me wrong spending a day at the junk yard is still my favorite thing to do on the weekends. If I see something cheap it might sound too good to be true I do research and find out what other people are saying. I got four brand new lower springs for 88 bucks with free shipping for my focus I did my research they got damn good reviews and I talked to a couple current owners. With a little patients you can get some good stuff.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yes to Ebay on alot of stuff. I would not buy used ball joints and I hope you are not either. Moog is great and if you do get any only use the ones with the zerk fittings so they can be lubed. There are a lot of junkyards that are listed on Ebay. Check their feedback and ask questions before you bid or buy it now. A lot of them have great stuff and several of my buddies bought some nice 8.8 reareand parts or the whole thing...shipping is by freight on this. So ask before you buy from a seller. No scrap yards near you??

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I buy ebay parts. the last parts I got were for my Lincoln and they were moog for the 2/3 the price of cheap autozone crap.

gonna get my air bags for the ass end on the Lincoln off ebay if this guy ever gets back to me on where they were made.

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I picked up the moog lower ball joints directly from moog,priced decently.

The uppers however are twice the price of lower due to the fact that you need to replace the entire control arm.

I have plenty of scrap yards near me,but the ball joints and wheel bearing aren't something id consider getting there.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Just recently I bought some plug wires for my F150 (4.6 V8) on eBay. The first shipment of wires I got only had 6 wires in the box. So I contacted the seller and they sent me a 2nd set, and told me to keep the 1st set I received. Well, I got the 2nd set, and there were only 7 in it. Between the two, I can make it work, but holy piss that's frustrating.

Basically with eBay, you have to get a good seller. I've not been buying as much on eBay since I've taken a shine to Rock Auto. I hate all of the drama you have to go through if there is an issue with an eBay purchase.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Darn, that is so odd about the plug wires, Bro!!! I have never had an issue in the 10 years I have been on that super site. None of my buddies have had any issues either. I do have a seller that I buy stuff from every now and then that list in his autions once in awhile that they will be out of town for a few days and to expect a delay in your package being sent, but it is posted in the auction. That is a big plus. Some buyers never read the entire auction and get pissed off about a seller, but you got to read the whole auction before you buy something and always check their feedback before you bid or buy it now.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
Rockauto.com FTW! I've ordered several times from them and it's now my preferred place to get parts. Prices are unbeatable. I bet they're better than most of the people selling on ebay plus you don't have to deal with all the ebay issues. Rockauto is a real business and there's always someone there handling orders. Frequently on ebay you buy from a crappy seller and they take forever to get back to you if you have a question.

But, I've also ordered parts on ebay and had good success with the parts I ordered, new and used.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Darn, that is so odd about the plug wires, Bro!!! I have never had an issue in the 10 years I have been on that super site. None of my buddies have had any issues either. I do have a seller that I buy stuff from every now and then that list in his autions once in awhile that they will be out of town for a few days and to expect a delay in your package being sent, but it is posted in the auction. That is a big plus. Some buyers never read the entire auction and get pissed off about a seller, but you got to read the whole auction before you buy something and always check their feedback before you bid or buy it now.
This seller had a %100 percent feedback score (although it was only around 60 ratings). He also tried to resolve the problem, in a timely manner, which I really appreciated. But you would think that if you only sent 6 wires the first time, you'd count how many you are sending the second time. I can make it work with the 13 wires in total I've got, so I'm not going to pursue it any further.

I also lost about 200 bucks to a new catalytic converter pipe for my Explorer several years ago. Since then, eBay and Paypal have stiffened up their buyer protection. But back then, they didn't give a flying turd that I'd lost money.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ebay can be good, but it can be bad. ebay is good if you are buying a name brand part and know exactly what you're getting. In my experience, buying a part without a brand name or a non-familiar brand name is bad (I bought ball joints, went bad within 12 months and 5,000 miles... I later bought Moog branded parts and they're doing fine and I still saved money).

Also try rockauto.com, they can sometimes have some very good prices on parts. Sometimes you find the same part on ebay cheaper, sometimes you find the same part on rockauto.com cheaper than ebay.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
This seller had a %100 percent feedback score (although it was only around 60 ratings). He also tried to resolve the problem, in a timely manner, which I really appreciated. But you would think that if you only sent 6 wires the first time, you'd count how many you are sending the second time. I can make it work with the 13 wires in total I've got, so I'm not going to pursue it any further.

I also lost about 200 bucks to a new catalytic converter pipe for my Explorer several years ago. Since then, eBay and Paypal have stiffened up their buyer protection. But back then, they didn't give a flying turd that I'd lost money.
That was his fault for sure. At least he tried to help you. He also might be a seller that just puts orders into another person they do bussiness with. Then, he has no way to check what is in the package. Sorry that happened to you.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
alot of times the ebay seller never even sees the parts. they are just selling stuff that gets drop shipped from a warehouse with their (the seller) own label.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Same here, I've been buying for at least 6 or 7 years. But I'll scroll through all the pages of the same item for the best deal and a good seller. I have always had good communication with the seller too. I once bought a camera for parts the seller made sure I knew the camera didn't work before he shipped it out.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have experienced ebay parts listings for vehicles that don't exist, and thus I won't buy anything from them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals