• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody know how to sell bullets? Legally

jodom15sc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Long story short, I got a few .22 remington thunderbolt bullets a year or two ago but I need some cash....I probably got 1500 to 3000 rounds still in boxes brand new.

Problem is I have no idea how or who to sell them to legally. I know a good bit of people on here hunt so maybe yall know.

So can anybody tell me where to begin, cause I know cant mail them or sell on ebay or anything like that, I dont even know if its legal to sell them on craigslist. So yea any ideas where to begin?:icon_confused:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Craigslist refuses to let you sell anything related to firearms or bows, if you read the terms and conditions.

I'm not sure the post office will handle them, but UPS and Fedex will ship them - that's how gun shops get the stuff, it gets sent through UPS or Fedex from a wholesaler to their shop.

You can usually advertise in a local paper, but you'll probably have to pay for an ad and that might kill off some of the profit, IIRC those go for around $18 a box of 500 around here on sale at Dicks.

Obama and some of the other nuts would like to completely ban the sale of ammo. But for now it's still legal to buy and sell without going through a dealer. Same goes for long guns (shotguns and rifles). IIRC ammo can be sold across state lines with no problem, but guns have to be sold through a dealer to cross state lines in a sale, although I believe muzzleloaders are exempt.

Depending on what you want a box and what it would be to ship it, I might know of where it could be sent, I'm friendly with a sports store owner around here.

Last edited:

4x4mike2004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.squirill
Transmission
Automatic
I sold a decent quantity on here not to long ago (about 500 rounds of 5.56). as long as it is shipped with a label indicating it as ORMD (cartridges, small arms) it is perfectly legal to ship. just dont go to the post office or a UPS dealer to ship it as the clerks do not like to handle ammo. go online to UPS website and create a shipping label on there, then just drop it off at the UPS place.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
You could also make a quick ad to post up in a local sporting goods store or some place that has a classifieds bulletin board. That's what alot of people do around here, and it's free.

You could also go the route of many people and put a very carefully worded ad on craigslist, and you'll probably have a response or two before anybody flags it. People post that stuff all the time on craigslist, and it usually stays up for a little bit if worded right. The last ammo puchase I bought off cl was worded "old 30-06 rounds" and had pictures of all the ammo... They never removed it, even when it was obvious as can be. So it depends, but it can work.

Otherwise all I can say is, ask around. If you know someone who hunts, or can find somebody who does, they may buy some or all of it.

Oh yeah, and private ammunition sales are perfectly legal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals