• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any detailed definitive guide to SAS?

TorontoEdge

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure this has been posted, but I did something wrong and can't search.

I'm looking for the BEST guide from someone who is both experienced in mechanics and capable of providing instructions :D

I was planning on doing a 4" lift on my torsion stock setup. But the cost (converted to CAD) for me is minimum $2500. I'm pretty sure I can pick up a diff, brakes, get a driveshaft modified, springs, shocks and steering parts for much less than the kit to lower the stock Dana35 and torsion bars.

The last instruction I found online showed a very crooked coil spring on the passenger side which didn't look very good. I can weld on the stuff needed, would be great to get a list of parts needed and a rough idea of what needs to be welded on :D

Just for my own sanity, maybe I can get this done before waiting to save up for the suspension lift, or even if it's the same cost, I'd rather just do a solid axle since the VFM (value-for-money) would be better and I'd prefer manual locking hubs than have the front axle always active on the highway, in the summer.

Thanks for any links, tips and advice... Sorry if I missed a sticky. :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals