• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anti-slosh bypass question

EricNobody

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
anyone know which pins/wire colors to jump to bypass? 90 ranger single cab 4x2 5speed 2.3l.

Issue has existed since buying couple months back, have replaced gauge cluster and fuel pump. Gonna check the wiring from the pump in a couple days when I flip the hangers and install the front suspension, just wondering how to bypass, I'll try fixing the board, contacts, ECT. But tomorrow I'm swapping my old odo roller in to my new gauge cluster. Problem has been identical with cluster swap, so I'm thinking it may be the slosh unit

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
What is the symptom? The anti-slosh unit is usually part of the cluster. The early ones aren't usually a true anti-slosher so much as an electric pusle damper.

EricNobody

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Basically, original non tank cluster, dead gauges, minimal rise 1/8 difference between full and empty, needle sat about quarter tank no matter what. Swaped to a tach unit from identical truck, year, engine trans, ECT.

Changed pump and sending unit, gauge still doesn't read anything but 1/4

EricNobody

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Also, both units needles centre out when disconnected, after install, they both move to the same location.

Visual inspection and jiggling of the wiring at the pump caused no change, and aside from being dirty externally, the plug was in good-great shape. No wire was pinched when bed was reinstalled, I was underneath watching the harness and lines as it was lowered back to the frame.

TrexMex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Also, both units needles centre out when disconnected, after install, they both move to the same location.

Visual inspection and jiggling of the wiring at the pump caused no change, and aside from being dirty externally, the plug was in good-great shape. No wire was pinched when bed was reinstalled, I was underneath watching the harness and lines as it was lowered back to the frame.

Try grounding your connector at the pump, needle should go to Full. If that doesn't happen then you have a problem in your wiring..

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, this is starting to sound like a wiring problem. Either you have a bad ground or a poor supply voltage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals