• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

another 4x4 issue with a 99 (no way!)

therangerofdanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 99 FFV ranger off-road. runs and operates great for 165000 on the ticker except the fuel mileage (but are trucks for huh?) anywho the 4x4 operated great till i needed it the first winter i owned it. every time i shift back into 2wheel i hear what sounds like bearing grinding but not until 55+ mph. i would then cycle the 4x4 knob and it would go away. it doesn't go away anymore and this time the 4hi and 4lo had a flash code. they flashed 6 times (can't remember what the code was). i had to drive 45 miles with this thing acting up all the time! got to work plugged in the scan tool and ot the code. also 4x4 would disengage when put in reverse. i have alot of good winter wheeling with this truck andd my buddies 2wd ranger go horribly bad (two stuck trucks at 3am isn't fun) i just started my career as an auto tech so diag isn't really my thing yet, but this 4x4 is starting to really grind my gears! if any of you have had a problem like this or the same on any info would be great.

okcranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
piece of sh!t 99 elec 4x4

i have a 99 4x4 with elec. t-case and also the vacum locking hubs and they suck my 4x4 wont even disengauge i dont know what the hell to do it wont stop spinning the front axels. so what im doing is swapping out the front with and explorer front end there electric but not vaccum locking. Also i dont know what to do cause i cant really go no where with it still like this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals