• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alone In Kansas

cswanson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I just joined. I live in Topeka but drive over to Manhattan to go to school. Didn't know we had trails at tuttle though.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Whoa been a while since i checked in here. Twizzler thanks for the abandonment! where did you move too?

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
haha sorry, STX. I moved to Galesburg Illinois... about 350 miles from Liberty. I have family that lives here. Plus I'm having wayyyy better luck in the employment thing out here. Got myself an Auto Mechanic job out here. Couldn't do that in Missouri.... people got too hung up on certifications and degrees to give others a chance.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Well hey man good for you man! Its cool you back with family and have a job. Thats what im going to school for now, auto tech. Well just so you know people are planning a KC meet in march i think the 8th.

rebelranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there's a real decent off-road park just outside of randolph (north of Manhattan KS) Just found it a couple months ago. A little something for everyone, a lot of hills, and a lot of decent rock obstacles. It's right by Tuttle Creek Lake. Anyone interested in meeting me down there on a weekend, shoot me an E-Mail. walden_11b@hotmail.com

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
haha sorry, STX. I moved to Galesburg Illinois... about 350 miles from Liberty. I have family that lives here. Plus I'm having wayyyy better luck in the employment thing out here. Got myself an Auto Mechanic job out here. Couldn't do that in Missouri.... people got too hung up on certifications and degrees to give others a chance.
Damn dude... I'm in Warrensburg right now and I go up to Independence to see a friend every weekend or so.

but... you moved.

Hahaha.. oh well, later man.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Damn dude... I'm in Warrensburg right now and I go up to Independence to see a friend every weekend or so.

but... you moved.

Hahaha.. oh well, later man.
Warrensburg, I go down there twice a year now. There are a couple shows I like to stop in at.

You still planning on fixing the Ranger up ? Might be abe to work something out, when you get back man.

4hour drive aint nothing anymore.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Warrensburg, I go down there twice a year now. There are a couple shows I like to stop in at.

You still planning on fixing the Ranger up ? Might be abe to work something out, when you get back man.

4hour drive aint nothing anymore.

Are you talking about that 4x4 Ranger I found? Or my original '85 2wd? I'm planning on getting them both running... but it may be several several years before that happens.

You're only 4 hours away? I'm that far from my hometown, I can do that drive easy.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Warrensburg is somewhat of a 4 hours drive from me. I made the drive in about 3.5 comeing back from a show one weekend.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Cool. I hope you can make it to the meet in Independence then.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
I plan on it, and hopefully the truck is done by then too. We will see. :D

Stangmata

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey there's a real decent off-road park just outside of randolph (north of Manhattan KS) Just found it a couple months ago. A little something for everyone, a lot of hills, and a lot of decent rock obstacles. It's right by Tuttle Creek Lake. Anyone interested in meeting me down there on a weekend, shoot me an E-Mail. walden_11b@hotmail.com
I went up there in November with my Bronco. After I get the SAS done, I'll be up for another trip. :icon_hornsup:

Kenwood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
New member in Junction City

I am a new member in Junction City, not too far away. I just bought my first Ranger last week. It is an 89 XLT supercab with a 2.9 5speed. Only 98k miles and has always been garaged. It is completely untouched, looks like it just rolled off the line. I am not a big Ford guy but I needed a truck and this was the nicest older truck I found. Anyway, Just wanted to say you are not alone out here!!

Thanks,

Kenny

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
hey stangmata and kenwood you guys should both think about the meet in INdependence on March 8th if you havent heard already!

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
Well hey man good for you man! Its cool you back with family and have a job. Thats what im going to school for now, auto tech. Well just so you know people are planning a KC meet in march i think the 8th.
Old post, I know...

Anyway... I *might* be able to make it back to KC on the 8th... but I doubt it. I'm having some severe problems with my truck AGAIN.... (piece of sh*t...)

This time the ABS system has gone haywire.... I put new rotors and bearings on the front and now the ABS pump won't shut off. No ABS Light, no nothing. Just alot of really annoying noise. For the time being I disabled the system via the fuse box until I get it figured out. On top of that my front end still squeaks when going forwards or turning right, and the brakes still squeak when applied, even though the pads have 85% of their life left.

So yeah, we'll see... haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals