• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Almost Complete

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Looking good man! I know what you mean about 'German Engineering' .
Where were you stationed at here? I myself am in Bamberg.

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Deustchland

First several tenures was as a kid back in the 70s withe the Old man.
Myself; 93-96 Ansbach/Augsburg, 20003-2005 Giessen/Friedberg with an invasion in 2004!
I've seen Germans build some stuff thats incredible. Including the engine in my '95 super glide that's a 113ci and turns almost 8 grand.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well....funny thing is that i have the same shackles from O'reilly's...only i bought them at Autozone cause they were $10 cheaper....( don't think you will find too many more cheaper than us KY guys... ( cept maybe that Louisiana guy that lives in TN...:thefinger: )

also, when i put "Donaldson Creek, KY" in Mapquest it showed a spot up by Elizabethtown.....not down by Cadiz...why i thought you went "all the way to Cadiz"

if i haven't heard of a place that is what i do....Mapquest it so i can get an idea where everyone is from....

Rick ( RangerSVT ) lives not to far from you ( by Dover, TN ) and can install gears....so maybe send him a PM...if there is a part on a Ranger than can be broke...he has....twice:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

and i know the way your truck sits is taller than my truck was in 90% of those pics you were looking at....so i know you won't be "embarassed"...plus that isn't our style:icon_thumby:

and i know what ya mean by haveing graduated 20+ years ago....i graduated in '87.....

l8r, John

Last edited:

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
btw, is the pictures you were thinking of......

l8r, John

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
John,
I'll shoot ya a message, so ya can google map the address. I'm basically 8 miles south of Cadiz in between some cornfields, hayfields, soybeans, wild turkeys on the back door steps and Bambi dying to go into my freezer this fall!
I'm retiring in Feb so I rented this 75% finished basement, from an army Brother of mine, when I came back from Iraq in April so I wouldn't have to sign a lease, watch his place while he's in the Stan and enjoy the pool and his new shop.
Shops available for repairs and such as I'm the closest of anyone to TB. I got a friend of his family that is a hell of a wrench, that's the wold. Rebuilt a chevy auto tranny in about 3-4 hours and been romping it ever since. He's willin to do the work, I don't really know gears, and he could use the money bad. He said about two days, and going to have him rebuild all the axles while he's in there, trucks got 191,000 and came from a Missouri sheetrock hauler (no service, those guys are brutal, had to cut a section of bumper out to get the receiver hitch in because he was haulin a 14 trailer loaded with sheetrock all the time) it's the only things left in the drivetrain that ain't new/rebuilt in the last three years except the transfer.

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep same ones!
Cheap, if I decide I need some more in the rear, I know where there's a 4 dr sploder, or I'll take out the factory blocks and put in some bigger ones or weld up something out of steel plating. I know a lot of people put chevy springs in. No half breedin going on here though, no matter how good it works!
:icon_thumby:

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well, i am running those shackles with some sploder springs and the factory block....

you can see how much lift that gave me....

since ya have a welder...be real easy to make the square tube modded factory radius arms when ya do lift the front for some extra wheel travel....

l8r, John

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, well my weldins skills been on hold, not needing them in the army for 20 yrs. I can throw down a mass of metal but it looks like King kong did it! I'm sure if I bought the beer or made some apple pie drinking concoctions that I could probably get someone with some fabbin skills (mines been limited to H-D stuff lately) to help me out on that one!

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
LOL! Funny you mention Giessen, as that was were I was 'supposed' to go when I PCS'd from FLW.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
that truck is sex! nice work man

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lookin good!!

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The man in Brown was here, threw two big heavy boxes at me and left in a blur, one more probably tomorrow. All axle parts!! Crawler coming!

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The man in Brown was here, threw two big heavy boxes at me and left in a blur, one more probably tomorrow. All axle parts!! Crawler coming!
woo hoo...get em' in....the 24th will get here quick...

l8r, John

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I know a lot of people put chevy springs in. No half breedin going on here though, no matter how good it works!
:icon_thumby:
Its got to be the best option for rear lift and flex out there, and dirt cheap too, I don't know about you but I like suspension travel, those exploder leafs aren't going to flex like the "leafs intended for chevies"

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol i wont make fun of you...im on stock front suspension with 2 inch spacers and a chevy leaf swap out back...

but there will be alot more in a few weeks :headbang:

the chevy swap is deffinantly worth it, i did mine for under $100 bucks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals