• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Allans 94 b4000 build

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
so heres my beast(1994 b4000 4x4) i bought for 600 bucks last week. I had it towed to my house for 80 bucks, the steering box was broke from the previous owner and the clutch wont work. The good thing about the steering box is, it comes with a used one and i already swapped it in :yahoo: also comes with a brand new slave cylinder.

Few things it has:
2 inch body lift
31 inch Terra trac M/T
front airbags in the springs
gearing is still up in the air, the door said it has 3.27s. i think they might have been swapped out
manual transfer case
new paint job

Things it needs:
windshield
clutch issue fixed
drag link
safety is up in July
fabricate a kick ass bumper for front and rear

Its rusty underneath like most vehicles around here in Nova Scotia, So I'll have to deal with that before the winter. This should be a good base to work off of. I'll try to get pictures as i build, also going to document how much i spend on the truck here.

I have pictures but apparently they are to big to upload(resolution), any ideas?

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
Here is a few pictures of it.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like the paint is in pretty good condition.

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
looks like the paint is in pretty good condition.
yeah, one of the prevous owners had it painted. there is a couple spots where its starting to bubble on the hood, and drivers side rocker was bodyfilled a bit.

My rear leaf springs look kinda flat, i wonder if any are broken. Think i should invest in a suspension lift? Seeing how i need some new front steering parts anyway. hmmm

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you got the money but i would just get all new steering components and ball joints and save up so then your good to go when you get the lift.

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
if you got the money but i would just get all new steering components and ball joints and save up so then your good to go when you get the lift.
Yeah i think i agree. Been raining here all week and its not going to stop untill sunday, so i'll have to wait till then before i can get under her and drop her panties lol. Not looking forward to dealing with that exhaust though, crapy rusted flanges

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
Took the transmission out on the weekend, the only thing that was a bitch was the exhaust. The flanges were to rusted to take off the manifolds and i had no way to cut the bolts. I tried to use a recipricating saw on the pipe, but then found out i only had a wood blade. Tried to cut it with a 4 inch grinder. Wouldnt work. Put a 7 inch disk on my 4 inch grinder, still had a hard time :icon_rofl:. Eventually i pried it off, took about 3 hours to deal with the exhaust, might have destroyed both o2 sensors too. Well the good thing is the clutch is worn out, and the transmission is good. So i ordered a cheap clutch on ebay just to slap it together. I think i'll do the exhuast up myself, probley duals to the back into a dual in dual out muffler. Here's a few pictures of the clutch and preasure plate. :icon_hornsup:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I would never go cheap on something like that. But if it was brand name for the right price then thats what I would go with. But if it gets her on the road and you need it now then do it.

Did you also get a new throw-out bearing? If not I would do replace it while your this far.

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
I would never go cheap on something like that. But if it was brand name for the right price then thats what I would go with. But if it gets her on the road and you need it now then do it.

Did you also get a new throw-out bearing? If not I would do replace it while your this far.
Yeah, the brand name is Gripforce. Well the issue is; i think the gears in it are 3.27s. I am not sure because it looks like the diffs been apart so they could have been swapped out. But if they still are 3.27s then the clutch is going to wear out alot faster then usual with the 31 inch tires on there. So im thinking i'll have to drop the transmission again in another 20k km. I dont have the money to swap out the gears right now, so that will have to wait. Yeah I agree about the throw-out bearing, I got a little lucky because the previous owner bought a new slave cylinder and didint put it on. So the throw-out bearing is attached to the slave cylinder:D but im also getting another one in the kit i ordered. It comes with the pilot bearing too, so i'll also swap that. And sence it is a 4.0 litre i might as well change the rear main seal while im in there. :icon_thumby: It all adds up pretty quick though.:sad:

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
Heres a few pictures of my front body mounts and rad support. It was kinda hurtin, I dont have much of a metal supply so i had to use some pretty thick angle :dunno: My welding skills are a work in progress too :icon_rofl::icon_welder:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
My first major welding thing I did was my SAS longarm mounts and my trackbar mount and so far theres no stress signs on them or anything.

Im running 32 MT's with 3.73's and a 2.8 and I really didnt notice a performance change, all I saw was my rpms dropped by about 400rpms and I only have a 4 speed tranny. Yet my mileage stayed the same and doesnt change no matter how I drive my truck.

AllanJYork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Manual
So last night a accomplished a small amount of things; finished weilding the front rad support, installed new slave cylinder into the transmission, unbolted the flywheel, and removed my o2 sensors(what a bitch).

Something is funky about my rear leaf springs, there is 2 blocks under the leafs instead of one. what do you guys think is going on there? pics below.
Looks like i will need a bit of work to the rear frame before it completly dissapears too, but im happy with the look and condition of the floor.
Here is a bunch of pictures:

Last edited:

89Dog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had a ranger with the same tranny and gearing and found 1st gear was a little tall - and that was with stock 235s for tires. Likely takes a toll on the clutch.
How may kms on it?

Good pics - I'm watching this thread

Main seal does not look too bad, but may as well put in a new one while you are in there...

Blocks under the leafs look like two sets of stock ranger blocks. I'd say that one set was original.

Are you setting a date for the first run with this beast ?
Don't forget you are going to need someone to tow you out of the mud holes!:icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals