• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Frames are only riveted together so yeah they are pretty flexible. Especially without the cab and bed bolted to them. Thanks for the update.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Few Updates: Went back to the track and ran a 12.33 at 120mph. I think the way the truck sits I could get that down to 11.5 or slower. Need a little better starts and more wastegate spring to hold boost on the top end. Keep in mind this is on street tires and a manual.

Also finally got a decent front sway bar under this thing. Turns out explorer bars or newer ranger bars will not work. Found this out the hard way. I do not recommended buying from SDtrucksprings. They took almost a month to get me the explorer bar that didn't fit and also sent the wrong mounts with it. Now I'm trying to return it but they take days to respond.

Ended up ordering the Belltech 5445 bar 1.25" from Summit and even though it was a drop ship item still got it in four days!. Fits almost perfect and you'll just need end links. I used some off amazon for a dodge ram. They are almost perfect too. Kina pricey though. They could be maybe half inch shorter. Which would be easy to do. Just shorten the sleeve and grab a shorter bolt.

I do have a complaint with the AJE mounts on the LCA. They're too narrow. To get the end links to be verticle I would need to cut them off and move them out about an inch. This was an issue with the stock sway bar also. Someday ill get around too that.
View attachment 94097View attachment 94098View attachment 94099View attachment 94100View attachment 94101

120 traps...? damn.

what are you about 3400 pounds?

that thing will go low 11s trapping 120s....how far do you have to drive it out of the hole or do you have to pedal everywhere?

radical fun i would wager.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
120 traps...? damn.

what are you about 3400 pounds?

that thing will go low 11s trapping 120s....how far do you have to drive it out of the hole or do you have to pedal everywhere?

radical fun i would wager.
Yeah 3400 ish. With my street tires and probably the lake of track prep for the night I race makes it difficult. It's all in my 60ft. Last time out I went 12.00 with a 2.06ft 122mph on borrowed drag radials. Made three passes and everyone was faster then the last. With more time and practice I could do better for sure. This was on 16psi too but my setup produces a lot of back pressure and it falls to 14psi pretty quick. I think I have a boost leak after making a new charge pipe, moving the WG and adding a 4 port boost controller. Running a 7lb spring with a 4 port should net me a solid 16psi and it wasnt. It's funny on the track I want more power but I'm near the end of the capabilities of this little s366. But on the street I have to turn it down or ramp in power pretty late. Otherwise its spin city.

tubbyb23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I just ordered this kit for mine. We'll see how it goes
Well, I have things mostly installed. It's a lot of work to say the least. I changed to a manual rack(flaming river) strange brakes with fox v8 spindles. The strut Tower brace is the toughest thing for me to get lined up. I think I'm going to Learn to hate that thing. I'm currently working on getting the 302 back in, which I'm sure I'm going to have to relocate the trans and exhaust, as I'm sure these mounts will not be in the same place as the last ones. Hopefully, I don't need to have the driveshaft remade. Heres a link to my YouTube videos.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals