• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ain't this a...

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
As an update I got the new rear springs and shocks all the way around put in. I also replaced the clogged heater core, so now I have heat!
I took the truck for a test ride to check out the handling. It was great! The back end no longer drops on acceleration, turns at/over 10 mph don't feel precarious or detrimental, and the front end doesn't nose dive near as bad as it did when I first got it. I got to test this as a deer ran out in front of me while doing about 50 mph. It tagged the left corner. Spinning off it hit the steer (have fur between tire and rim!) forcing the truck to jerk right. It kept all 4 on the pavement, even with braking force, with out a hint of instabilty.
At least the damage isn't severe. Fender, grill, marker bezel (missed the headlight), filler panel between the grill and bumper, and bumper. The hardest part will be color of parts because it is a custom color. Kinda jewel green but not quite. I'm hoping to find ranger or explorer parts that are at least close. I can live with that for now since a new paint job was on the list, just not planning it for about 2 years yet. Looks like I'm hitting the local Pick-n-pulls and j/y's tomorrow instead tinkering on the Hemi.
It ain't totaled/rolled, My suspension build was a success, and I gave the deer to a buddy so his family will have deer in the freezer. All good things!

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lemme guess.......running down FM 2410?

Sounds like bumper-building time, for both ends?

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Got a deer....

you're still here...

ride didn't roll...

friend has food in fridge...

got a war story/battle damage to talk about....

life is goooooooooooooooooood!

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Lemme guess.......running down FM 2410?

Sounds like bumper-building time, for both ends?
Actually 195 between Stan Schleuter and Elms, just north of Guns Galore. Not ready for bumper build just yet so I picked up a replacement, grill, and headlight bucket from an Explorer. Scored 2 usable armrest and a handfull of small items all for $125. Still have to find a fender, filler panel, and wheel well liner. Local pick-a-part only had 1 BII! Way down from my last venture.
Yeah Doorgunner, I can't really complain.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haven't been in that area in a long time. Used to live in Temple, and Salado. Bet it's changed a heck of a lot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals