• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AC Delco vs. Motorcraft

kawasakiman27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 F/F
Transmission
Automatic
Whats everyones opinion on Motorcraft spark plugs? I'm a big fan of AC Delco (I know it's GM OE) and never had a problem with them. They are pretty expensive for this engine at 13-15 a piece! Does anyone know why?

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
where are you getting them from? and whats the part #?

kawasakiman27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 F/F
Transmission
Automatic
41-812 is the part number.

Last edited:

MikeInIdaho

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
ACDelco plugs are great, on a Chevy. I just recently had the plugs on our lumina changed and put their top of the line 100k plugs in, professional iridiums. I think they're really solid, long lasting plugs, but would be wary of puting them in a Ford engine. Gm mototrs are engineered to use AC Delco plugs, just like Fords are designed to use Motorcraft/Autolite. You'd probably be ok using them in your ford, but i would rather use what they're engineered to run with IMO

kawasakiman27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 F/F
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, thank you very much for that info Mike. Gonna stick to the Motorcraft plugs and save myself some bucks.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they list price around here for $10.94, and i can get them for $5.30 each

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, thank you very much for that info Mike. Gonna stick to the Motorcraft plugs and save myself some bucks.
even though acdelco make oe for chevy, they make parts for all vehicles.... they are high quality, just like anyother brand, and if they are the proper number, they are fine.

kawasakiman27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 F/F
Transmission
Automatic
I could see spending 10-11ish for a plug, but if the 6 dollar plug will make it run the same and be reliable, I'll use that.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I could see spending 10-11ish for a plug, but if the 6 dollar plug will make it run the same and be reliable, I'll use that.
its the number you gave me, prices are just high in your area. i use motorcraft in mine anyway. i got a few bad batches of autolites more than once though. stay away from bosche, for some reason, never work right for rangers.

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The Motorcrafts will be the EXACT heat range for your engine. Any other manufacturer's plug heat range will be "close" at best!

kawasakiman27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 F/F
Transmission
Automatic
this is all great information guys! Thanks.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
NEW!!!

From the makers of the TORNADO!!! SPARK PLUGS, thats right! Seven electrode gold palladium with platinum/iridium alloy coating able to withstand 4500*C tempuratures. These babies increase horsepower 10-150% and last 250,000 miles. Thats a quarter of a million miles before you ever change them! If that doesn't sell ya, the easy 60-75% increase in fuel mileage! As a bonus, these guys handle 35,000 kilovolts. Thats right, 35,000,000 volts of power allowing you to gap them in excess of one inch. But wait, there's more! With all of this new found power, we will include a tornado brand air intake performance device to increase efficiency to take advantage of those OUTRAGOUS spark plugs. But wait, there's moooore. Included in this package is a muffler punch tool. Use this tool to knock out those power robbing baffles in that big ol' muffler to further enhance this set up. Watch out mustangs and corvettes, here come the civics and neons!

-Priced at $34.99ea
-Claims not guaranteed
-Not available in Canada/Guam/or any country south of the equator
-Made in Barbados

WARNING:The use of these spark plugs will probably void vehicle's warranty and most likely provide unsatisfactory results including, but not limited to: Piston-to-electrode contact, stripped or cross threaded cylinder heads, premature ignition failure, hard starting, and severe humiliation from other auto enthusiasts.

Okay, nuff of that. Basically, a spark plug is a spark plug. Ford found that a certain model spark plug with a specific heat range and gap produced the best efficiency and economy. If changing spark plugs REALLY made a difference, wouldn't you think Ford would be running them stock? My point, MOTORCRAFT.

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
NEW!!!

From the makers of the TORNADO!!! SPARK PLUGS, thats right! Seven electrode gold palladium with platinum/iridium alloy coating able to withstand 4500*C tempuratures. These babies increase horsepower 10-150% and last 250,000 miles. Thats a quarter of a million miles before you ever change them! If that doesn't sell ya, the easy 60-75% increase in fuel mileage! As a bonus, these guys handle 35,000 kilovolts. Thats right, 35,000,000 volts of power allowing you to gap them in excess of one inch. But wait, there's more! With all of this new found power, we will include a tornado brand air intake performance device to increase efficiency to take advantage of those OUTRAGOUS spark plugs. But wait, there's moooore. Included in this package is a muffler punch tool. Use this tool to knock out those power robbing baffles in that big ol' muffler to further enhance this set up. Watch out mustangs and corvettes, here come the civics and neons!

-Priced at $34.99ea
-Claims not guaranteed
-Not available in Canada/Guam/or any country south of the equator
-Made in Barbados

WARNING:The use of these spark plugs will probably void vehicle's warranty and most likely provide unsatisfactory results including, but not limited to: Piston-to-electrode contact, stripped or cross threaded cylinder heads, premature ignition failure, hard starting, and severe humiliation from other auto enthusiasts.

Okay, nuff of that. Basically, a spark plug is a spark plug. Ford found that a certain model spark plug with a specific heat range and gap produced the best efficiency and economy. If changing spark plugs REALLY made a difference, wouldn't you think every auto manufacturer would be running them stock? My point, MOTORCRAFT.

um, i at least got my free magnetized fuel line thingy, added like 30hp at least!:icon_rofl:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Autolites are less than $3 a 2-pack at the 'Mart, yo. B)

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
motorcraft plugs are made by autolite. ap764 is the plug required for a 93 3.0 and the plug gap is .044. always use a wire type feeler gauge, not a ring guage. multigap plugs cause misfiring on oe coils, splitfires and bosch 4s are a waste. iridium type plugs dont do well under oe coil performance either. acdelco plugs dont hold up well in a ford, friend of mine found this out on accident. ford vehicles run the best w/ autolite plugs as they were designed for them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals