• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a few duraspark ?s

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey i was thinling about doing a duraspark swap as soon as i get my truck ready to reassemble it
so i wanted to make sure of a few things

what carbs can i use with the setup, i have a bunch of old ford 2bbl v8 carbs i can have, not sure wich ones will work

will it still pass emmisions? i live in new jersey and they arent horrable with it but there bad enough,

and does it really change the mileage and power it puts out, i guess what im getting at is , is it worth it for a first car/wheeling rig/daily driver/ beater/portable bedroom(ladies?)

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
Transmission
Manual
IMO,it's worth it. Just seems to run better to me. Less parts to have to worry about going bad. No sensors.

And another plus, all the wires that come out on the passenger side of the engine comparment are gone, so a less cluttered engine area.

The V-8 carbs would most likely work, you may need to rejet them.

As far as emissions go, I have no idea.

All in all, I'm really happy with mine and would do again in a heartbeat. So go for it and don't look back.

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya, idk what choices i have for carbs but there is a huse assortmant of1, 2 and 4 barrles
i just want to make sure i can get it inspected before i go cutting the wireing up

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Have you had trouble getting it inspected before? Are you having trouble with the feedback system that's there now?
The only sure way to get past a visual inspection is to stick with the original components. Federal law clearly prohibits the changes required to do the Duraspark conversion. You may very well be able to get away with it. I did it in Virginia and was never questioned. However, if your current system works just fine and NJ inspections go beyond a sniff test, you may be better off maintaining what you've got.

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks, and no i havent had the truck on the road yet and when i got it it had a sticker from a 97 pontiac on it
ill check out that site, i just figured for the sake of making my own life easier and adding a few ponies , it was worth it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals