• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger with carb'd 306 looking at t5 swap

ZombieSoldier

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
presently the truck has an AODE, and I am sick of it, and want to do a T5. What all will I need for the swap? I know the obvious, trans, bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, clutch cable, but what else?

Skirbykat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Not extremely knowledgeable, but a tail housing from a blazer/s10 I heard locates the shifter closer to where it should be.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Very few use the cable system anymore, instead use hydraulic master and slave.
Dave

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
These are some screenshots of a post that I went off of the first time I made my clutch. But the one thing I didn't know, for the 98+ rangers you'll need to use like a 99 F-550 master cylinder and open up the hole in the pedals that the master cylinder snaps into. And you also use a stock ranger size pushrod in the F-550 master because the one that comes with it is too long. This method has worked great for me and will be 10x easier than getting a cable clutch setup working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh, and you may already know this but you'll have to get a set of pedals from a 98+ 5-speed ranger.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Oh, and you may already know this but you'll have to get a set of pedals from a 98+ 5-speed ranger.

Ok, I guess I will chime in as well. I used the same parts as listed above along with the Advance Auto Parts Clutch Master Cylinder part # 350135. It is for a 1999 Ford F550 and as mentioned you will need to use the push rod from the Ranger and not the longer one included with the new part. The hole in the pedal bracket will need to be opened up slightly but it is a simple process. I have 103,000 miles on this combination now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals