• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 ranger and 95 explorer

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
97 ranger and 95 explorer (pics posted of project)

can anyone please confirm to me that almost everything is interchangable between the two.

I just got a 95 explorer and am thinking of swaping everything out into my 97XL ranger....so as much as will fit will be what im stuffing into it.

also could anyone tell me if the winshield from the explorer will fit in the ranger?

thanks again guys! soon to have a project........OH YAH!:icon_welder:

Last edited:

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
oh and ill be converting my 3.0L to the 4.0l also if i can.....oh im excited...

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
yayyyyyy, i got my explorer finally....another post later on my trip and experiance of towing it....not fun, but deffinnantly a good lesson.

anyways..i got my rig....my parts truck.....know i gotta start stripping shit...hopefully everything will fit...

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I dont think you will have a problem, sorry it took anyone this long to respond to you. All the interior pieces should work just fine, You can check the tech library, there are some swap info in there that is real helpful.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah i dont see anything not swapping over except for body panels

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
awesome....yah i started taking apart the rearend and i got started on the front end....looks like i scored big...this explorer has a 4 or 6 inch superlift, lift kit on it....lol....holy crap....

so far none of the brackets are broken or bent...so im in luck so far....not sure about any of the inside panels but besides the exterior being totaly messed up...i think im getting a good front end(mostly), a completely good rear end(which i think has posse...which is alot better than what i had.), a good 4.0l and everything that connects.....

BOOYAH! im going from a dana 28 front to dana 35 front....and 7.7 rear to a 8.8....oh yah!

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
yup...looks like a 5.5 inch superlift kit....man i wish i could get this thing in sooner...taking to freaking long...but what can i say when its a one man band trying to dissasemble this shit and reassemble it......and to find out the rear perches are different. i gotta freaking flip it......

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice!! seems like u scored a good deal for parts!! dont forget pictures!

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
well im going to fix my hub tomorrow. got a donar 35 front for cheep and should have all the replacement parts i need. ill take pictures of the before and after and then hopefully ill be on to wirewheeling my front and rear and cleaning her up so i can spray her down with some black paint.

Still deciding on whether i should have my rear end axle shafts welded...i heard the 8.8 have alot of problems with that...maybe hopefully i wont have that problem. check it tomorrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals